Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

25 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin is not 5-5.  They are 3-5.  They are 3-0 in region play but not overall record.  Gallatin has a 10 game season and the Covid wins are not counted on overall record.  It’s pretty simple, I do not understand the confusion.  You have to separate region games from regular season unless they have an actual contest.  

We know they are not actually playing 12 games. Common sense. But they get credit for 2 COVID region wins and so 12 games total will be included in their overall record.

56 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

They can't play week 11 because they both have region games in both week 10 and 11. One region game does not take priority over another.

In this particular case, it should! No offense, but what good does it do for Gallatin to play Glencliff and Hillsboro to play Hunters Lane?? Wasted weeks when not everybody is playing everybody in the region anyway. Coaches know the top teams and nobody would be offended by a switch. It makes common sense.

Gallatin obviously won’t be pushing for it at all, but if I’m Hillsboro I’d be screaming from the hills to play that game! Hosting Page as opposed to traveling to Shelbyville is a massive difference this year. There are no guarantees who wins that game whatsoever, but it should be played to determine a crucial spot which also dramatically affects the other region too. 

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Gallatin obviously won’t be pushing for it at all, but if I’m Hillsboro I’d be screaming from the hills to play that game! Hosting Page as opposed to traveling to Shelbyville is a massive difference this year. There are no guarantees who wins that game whatsoever, but it should be played to determine a crucial spot which also dramatically affects the other region too. 

There's nothing in the guidelines to make that happen.  I don't see it happening. TSSAA obviously would not endorse that.  I understand what you're saying, but that ship has sailed.

6 minutes ago, guthook said:

There's nothing in the guidelines to make that happen.  I don't see it happening. TSSAA obviously would not endorse that.  I understand what you're saying, but that ship has sailed.

Agree that they are not going to force that. The one big mistake the TSSAA made is not mandating all regions game be played and that they should take precedence this year over any or all non-region scheduled games. In simple terms, metro had six weeks of football to play once released. In this one specific region example, their are six total teams and five games each per team. So, either the TSSAA should have set the region schedules (as they had originally planned in one of their contingent protocols preseason) or left it up to the regions with that one specific mandate. That would have been the fair thing to do and not very hard to accomplish. If some long-standing non-region rivalries had to be canceled as a result, so be it! This is a weird year and we all realize that. I truly believe they dropped the ball on leadership with this. They basically gave up and said forget it. I think we all can agree this should and could have been done for all the regions, specifically in relation to the metro situation which affects three regions. Not very difficult.

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin is not 5-5.  They are 3-5.  They are 3-0 in region play but not overall record.  Gallatin has a 10 game season and the Covid wins are not counted on overall record.  It’s pretty simple, I do not understand the confusion.  You have to separate region games from regular season unless they have an actual contest.  

Ok makes a little more sense....still confusing.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

What is Shelbyvilles situation with Covid.   They forfeited last week will there be more?

You could say the same for Hillwood too.  It might effect them.  But it is not gonna happen per the system set up.  TSSAA did as good as they could with what they have.  Play whomever is in front of you.  

Edited by GWAVE1

26 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You could say the same for Hillwood too.  It might effect them.  But it is not gonna happen per the system set up.  TSSAA did as good as they could with what they have.  Play whomever is in front of you.  

Again, we disagree. I understand the Gallatin point of view. It positively impacts them. The TSSAA should have mandated all region games be played at all costs. Period. Gallatin is going to be the biggest beneficiary of this in every way possible. So, with all due respect, an opinion on this coming from a Gallatin fan is not worth much of anything. The TSSAA absolutely could have handled this better and they did not do all they could do.

They will play next week against Franklin County. “Contact tracing” per the Heath Department shut them down this past Friday. Complete nonsense.

Not sure how next week will be any different than this week.  That tracing crap keeps the guys out for 14 days so doesn't make sense how they would have their guys back by then