Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

We desperately need the TSSAA to explain the plans for seeding these regions this year! Let me give one very specific upcoming situation and there are probably numerous issues like this all over the state. In Region 6-5A, Beech is headed for an unbeaten record clearly to get the top seed. The issue is dealing with the 2 seed since Hillsboro and Gallatin are not scheduled to play each other. In my opinion, Hillsboro is likely a big favorite to defeat Gallatin rather easily. I think they could have given Gallatin a COVID win over Hillsboro, but I’m unsure since metro wasn’t allowed to play at that time?? This is very crucial because if Hillsboro gets stuck with the 3 seed it is likely unfair and it certainly is very unfair for the 2 seed from Region 5 (likely Shelbyville) to get saddled with Hillsboro as opposed to Gallatin. Honestly, Gallatin and Hillsboro should play in the final week of the season and let Hunters Lane and Glencliff schedule other opponents...that’s the fairest way to handle it. But I’m not sure if the TSSAA is involved with any of these nightmare scenarios across the state? Maybe the TSSAA would allow Shelbyville (assuming they are the 2 seed from Region 5) by choice to drop down to the 3 seed because they’d likely much rather play Gallatin at this point than Hillsboro. Or maybe the TSSAA should seed based off both teams’ result vs. Beech (Hillsboro lost 14-7 and Gallatin plays Beech next week) This thing is messy! Any thoughts or input on this scenario or others like it?

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

All I can say is be happy we are even getting to play this year and save "fair" for next season. I know it's not what you want to hear but that's just pretty much where we're at this point.....

I agree nothing about this year is FAIR.Just play the team you are scheduled "if you can" and advance.If you cant start getting ready for next year and PRAY this crap is better prepared for.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

We desperately need the TSSAA to explain the plans for seeding these regions this year! Let me give one very specific upcoming situation and there are probably numerous issues like this all over the state. In Region 6-5A, Beech is headed for an unbeaten record clearly to get the top seed. The issue is dealing with the 2 seed since Hillsboro and Gallatin are not scheduled to play each other. In my opinion, Hillsboro is likely a big favorite to defeat Gallatin rather easily. I think they could have given Gallatin a COVID win over Hillsboro, but I’m unsure since metro wasn’t allowed to play at that time?? This is very crucial because if Hillsboro gets stuck with the 3 seed it is likely unfair and it certainly is very unfair for the 2 seed from Region 5 (likely Shelbyville) to get saddled with Hillsboro as opposed to Gallatin. Honestly, Gallatin and Hillsboro should play in the final week of the season and let Hunters Lane and Glencliff schedule other opponents...that’s the fairest way to handle it. But I’m not sure if the TSSAA is involved with any of these nightmare scenarios across the state? Maybe the TSSAA would allow Shelbyville (assuming they are the 2 seed from Region 5) by choice to drop down to the 3 seed because they’d likely much rather play Gallatin at this point than Hillsboro. Or maybe the TSSAA should seed based off both teams’ result vs. Beech (Hillsboro lost 14-7 and Gallatin plays Beech next week) This thing is messy! Any thoughts or input on this scenario or others like it?

Sorry, not gonna happen.  Your gonna play Hillsboro.  

1 minute ago, DirkdIggler1 said:

This guy is like a Karen wanting to speak to the manager and demanding something be done for his team so they can dodge Hillsboro. 

Incorrect. No demanding here! We all understand this is a nightmare year. It is what it is. Shelbyville will likely beat Hillsboro anyway. Gallatin will catch a major break by playing possibly Page instead of Shelbyville. The only point I was making is what, if anything, is the TSSAA doing about scenarios like this everywhere? Why not, for instance, have Gallatin and Hillsboro play in Week 11 for common sense purposes? It’s simple questions, not demands. It’s also very much curiosity on a year like this. I’m telling you, regardless, this seeding process is going to be wild!

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Incorrect. No demanding here! We all understand this is a nightmare year. It is what it is. Shelbyville will likely beat Hillsboro anyway. Gallatin will catch a major break by playing possibly Page instead of Shelbyville. The only point I was making is what, if anything, is the TSSAA doing about scenarios like this everywhere? Why not, for instance, have Gallatin and Hillsboro play in Week 11 for common sense purposes? It’s simple questions, not demands. It’s also very much curiosity on a year like this. I’m telling you, regardless, this seeding process is going to be wild!

Not playing a region game due to covid is a region win win for team that could play. i don't see any other way to do it. Just as crazy as 2020 has been. I don't think you can seed on what would probably happen.  

19 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Not playing a region game due to covid is a region win win for team that could play. i don't see any other way to do it. Just as crazy as 2020 has been. I don't think you can seed on what would probably happen.  

Agree with that for sure, which is why some smart re-scheduling would make common sense in this one particular year.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree with that for sure, which is why some smart re-scheduling would make common sense in this one particular year.

There have been a few teams take the region win due to covid and not try to reschedule even if both had a bye week or could have had the teams they were to play go and play each other so the region game could be played. 

10 minutes ago, fb247 said:

There have been a few teams take the region win due to covid and not try to reschedule even if both had a bye week or could have had the teams they were to play go and play each other so the region game could be played. 

Yeah definitely! I’ve noticed that. I think the one mistake the TSSAA made was not making the rule that all region games take precedent over non-region games. I think once things started  getting crazy they just backed out altogether. In other words, in many, many cases we have teams playing non-region games or taking “COVID byes” when they could have played region games instead. 

Edited by sportsguy22