TSSAA Releases 2021-2023 Classification

haweanbula

12 hours ago, stacmot said:

My guess is that the regions might go something like this:

Region 6-4A - Lexington, South Side, Hardin Co., Chester Co., McNairy Central
Region 7-4A - Haywood, Crockett Co., North Side, South Gibson, Obion Central, Liberty Tech
Region 8-4A - Kirbry, Melrose, Craigmont, Ridgeway, Fayette-Ware

During the broadcast of the Haywood-Jackson South Side game last night, the Haywood sportscasters had a different idea about who would be in Region 7-4A.

Currently - Haywood, Dyersburg, Ripley, Crockett Co, and Obion Central are in  Region 7-4A.   Dyersburg and Ripley will  be moving from 4A to 3A.  South Gibson and McNairy Central will be moving from 3A to 4A.  Their belief is that South Gibson and McNairy Central will simply replace Dyersburg and Ripley in the region.

That would make more sense.  That would keep the Jackson schools together, and it would also keep Region 6-4A as it is. (North Side, South Side, Liberty, Lexington, Chester Co., Hardin Co.)

Thanks to  the input of the Haywood sportscasters,  here's a more practical guess:

Region 6-4A - Lexington, South Side, Hardin Co., Chester Co., North Side, Liberty
Region 7-4A - Haywood, Crockett Co., South Gibson, Obion Central, McNairy Central
Region 8-4A - Kirbry, Melrose, Craigmont, Ridgeway, Fayette-Ware

16 hours ago, GoDawgs28 said:

BPM, Do you see Region 7 3A being Milan, Bolivar, Dyersburg, Covington, Ripley with potentially Bolton and/or Millington? If it has Bolton and Millington, that's a long road trip for a region game.

Travel-wise 4A would be better. Obion, Crockett, South Gibson, Haywood and maybe the Jackson schools (Northside, Southside, and/or Liberty)

Thoughts?

I don't think this will happen. I look for Dyersburg, Covington, or Ripley to play up. At minimum one of them, maybe all three.

24 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Everyone complains about Alcoa "not playing up" but nobody complains about "teams that choose to avoid playing Alcoa when they do play up".  Facts!

I mean, they're going up a classification.  There's nothing to complain about.  They've tackled a bigger challenge on the whole.