Class 2A Region Guess

oldschoolchamp

On 10/23/2020 at 12:13 PM, oldschoolchamp said:

After drawing all of these schools up on a map and making each side (east/west) have equal teams this is what I came up with. Pick it a part and let me know what you all think.

Region 1

Hampton

Happy Valley

South Greene

Cumberland Gap

Oneida

Wartburg

Rockwood

Region 2

Bledsoe County

Meigs County

Tellico Plains

Polk County

Tyner 

Marion County

Region 3

York

Monterey

Jackson County

Watertown

Westmoreland

Trousdale County

Region 4

Cascade

Forrest

East Robertson

Harpeth

East Hickman

Hickman County
Region 5 

Mt. Pleasant

Richland

Summertown

Lewis County

Loretto

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Region 6

Houston County

Camden

Huntington

Gibson County

Westview

Union City

Adamsville

Region 7 and 8

Memphis Schools

I don’t think anyone out of Region 4 or 5 will ever make it out of the first definitely not second round. If this is how the regions will be. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

York, Oneida, Wartburg, Rockwood, and Monterey would make sense.  They are all within 50 or so miles from each other

I think this is probably the best in terms of travel.

I just don’t know if this would happen with the time change between York and Oneida. Even though they are 15 mins apart from one another. 

If they did agree to it, it would work for region 3 with the possibility of adding Jackson county to it. Although, you would then have to keep cascade in region 4 and or move Forrest back into it. 

Or you could keep Jackson county in region 4 and it would be Watertown, Trousdale, Westmoreland, east Robertson and JC. Then cascade would move west into region 5 with forrest, whites creek, the hickmans and Harpeth etc.

Edited by PiddyDaFull

1 hour ago, PiddyDaFull said:

I think this is probably the best in terms of travel.

I just don’t know if this would happen with the time change between York and Oneida. Even though they are 15 mins apart from one another. 

If they did agree to it, it would work for region 3 with the possibility of adding Jackson county to it. Although, you would then have to keep cascade in region 4 and or move Forrest back into it. 

Or you could keep Jackson county in region 4 and it would be Watertown, Trousdale, Westmoreland, east Robertson and JC. Then cascade would move west into region 5 with forrest, whites creek, the hickmans and Harpeth etc.

Marion and Bledsoe are in Region 3 and in Central Time, while the rest of the region is in Eastern time zone (Tyner, Polk, Tellico). I wouldn’t think it would matter. 

East

Region 1 (4)

Cumberland Gap, Happy Valley, South Greene, Hampton

Region 2 (6)

Bledsoe, Polk, Tellico, Meigs, Tyner, Marion

Region 3 (6)

York, Monterey, Wartburg, Rockwood, Oneida, Jackson County ( JC could stay 4)

Region 4 (6)

Trousdale, Westy, Watertown, East Robertson, Cascade*, Forrest* (could both swap with whites creek)

West

Region 5 (5)

Harpeth, East Hickman, Hickman, Whites Creek, Houston County (could go 7)

Region 6 (8)

Riverside, Scotts Hill, Lewis County, Loretto, Adamsville, Summertown*, Richland*, Mt. Pleasant* (they could all go 5 if Houston goes 7)

Region 7 (5)

Gibson County, Union City, Camden, Huntington, Westview

Region 8 (9)

All the Memphis schools. There will be 9 teams but theres not really anything else you could do with them.

I did not spend a lot of time on this so if there is anything I missed let me know. Only potential problems I see is the West having more teams than the East and region one having only 4 teams. The 8 teams in region 6 could easily be fixed but all of those teams are decently close together. There are several swaps you can do between regions 4-5-6-7 to probably make this better.

11 hours ago, takeittothebank23 said:

East

Region 1 (4)

Cumberland Gap, Happy Valley, South Greene, Hampton

Region 2 (6)

Bledsoe, Polk, Tellico, Meigs, Tyner, Marion

Region 3 (6)

York, Monterey, Wartburg, Rockwood, Oneida, Jackson County ( JC could stay 4)

Region 4 (6)

Trousdale, Westy, Watertown, East Robertson, Cascade*, Forrest* (could both swap with whites creek)

West

Region 5 (5)

Harpeth, East Hickman, Hickman, Whites Creek, Houston County (could go 7)

Region 6 (8)

Riverside, Scotts Hill, Lewis County, Loretto, Adamsville, Summertown*, Richland*, Mt. Pleasant* (they could all go 5 if Houston goes 7)

Region 7 (5)

Gibson County, Union City, Camden, Huntington, Westview

Region 8 (9)

All the Memphis schools. There will be 9 teams but theres not really anything else you could do with them.

I did not spend a lot of time on this so if there is anything I missed let me know. Only potential problems I see is the West having more teams than the East and region one having only 4 teams. The 8 teams in region 6 could easily be fixed but all of those teams are decently close together. There are several swaps you can do between regions 4-5-6-7 to probably make this better.

I could see Scott’s Hill, Riverside, or Adamsville possibly going to 7, but not Houston Co. From UC to Houston Co would be a heck of a ride.