McKenzie vs Adamsville Round 2

VOLnWTN

29 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Adamsville wins the 1st quarter, OT, and the first round.

Rebels take care of business at home.   

Okay let's talk about the elephant in the room! The Rebs have played a really bad Onion close and lost to a team that's been destroyed by good teams in Aville,has something happened in McKenzie ? This was a top 5 school earlier imo.

15 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Okay let's talk about the elephant in the room! The Rebs have played a really bad Onion close and lost to a team that's been destroyed by good teams in Aville,has something happened in McKenzie ? This was a top 5 school earlier imo.

My question is did the other teams get better throughout the year or did coach change up the team in prep for a rematch in the playoffs? And mess some things up against other teams?

17 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I have all the respect in the world for McKenzie, their QB, 43, & 7 are beasts! (Among others). Someone forgot to tell our boys that we couldn’t win and I believe (IMO) that McKenzie looked past us (a little bit). I’m sure that will be adjusted in our next meeting. I look forward for a hard fought game! (Just like the last one & hopefully with the same result! LOL!)

26 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Or did teams find a weak spot that wasn’t exposed earlier in the year.  The bad games were deleted from nfhs sooo is there something coach doesn’t want others to see ? 

I will say we have struggled with that mid-line option and staying at home.  Union City and Obion both did it to us.  We didn't play the first quarter of Adamsville. We spotted them 17 and that was enough.  They came out of the gate and played hard.  They hit a big pass for a TD where our DB got turned around.  Another, according to our fans, their receiver pushed off and no flag.  I haven't seen the film yet so I am not sure about that one and will not judge.  

Also, the backs for both teams were having trouble getting their footing on the field. Zeta did a number on it. 

The big thing this past Friday night. Cassidy, our QB, had a club on his non-throwing hand.  It was obvious on some snaps, he couldn't catch it clean and disrupted the offense. We didn't run the majority of our offense.  We ran the same 5 or 6 plays the entire night. 

Bottom line is A'Ville came out ready to play that first quarter and that was enough.  Credit to them.  

16 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

No higher seed is McKenzie ,I believe. 

That is correct.  First two rounds are higher seed.  Then 3rd on flips odd/even.  If two from same region, which we will have, the higher seed host that one. In 4th round, it is our regions turn to host. So, basically, 7-2A is home all the way through the playoffs.

Edited by VOLnWTN