Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

29 minutes ago, BP4138 said:

Punt call was correct. It hit the OR player right in the back. Their is no halo rule in HS Football like college not to mention you cant call interference on two players from the same team.

Actually, the punt hit a West player in the back and then hit #2 for OR.  But you are right, there is no halo rule, and It was  the correct call.

Edited by oridgecat

19 minutes ago, BP4138 said:

Punt call was correct. It hit the OR player right in the back. Their is no halo rule in HS Football like college not to mention you cant call interference on two players from the same team.

Actually when the team watched the film yesterday it did not hit an OR  player first. Also my grandson was on the field when it happened, about 3 feet away, and he said it hit a West player in the back on the back plate which caused the ball to go backwards.   He told me that immediately after the game but wanted to watch the film first to make sure. The refs missed calls both ways, especially the thrown helmet was was obvious.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Actually when the team watched the film yesterday it did not hit an OR  player first. Also my grandson was on the field when it happened, about 3 feet away, and he said it hit a West player in the back on the back plate which caused the ball to go backwards.   He told me that immediately after the game but wanted to watch the film first to make sure. The refs missed calls both ways, especially the thrown helmet was was obvious.  

I just watched it.  It wasn't obvious when it happened.  It was obvious when the player went to go get his helmet. 

No objective person can think the bad calls went both ways.  OR had two drive saving pass interferences called and the fumble was egregious.  

That said, they are the favorite over SD and need to win the game.