Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

4 hours ago, RCfan said:

SS I think you mean 91-92 right? That was the 42-41 overtime classic that sent OR to the championship game.  I was at that barnburner and the championship win over Gallitan.

90-91 Central knocked Rhea County out in the quarterfinals and Lincoln knocked out you guys the same week I think. Lincoln went on to beat Central in the semis and win the state that year. That Lincoln team had the biggest O line I have ever seen in highs school. 

RC, yes, you’re right. Man, that Lincoln County team was good. I remember they had a fullback who went about 5’7 225. He was like a wrecking ball coming through there, then with Rod Buchanan @ RB, and Kelly Holcombe (future NFL player) at the helm, they were just great. Funny thing is, they haven’t been the same since around that time. There for about 5 years though they were unreal.

5 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Just watched this game on the prepradio.com youtube channel.  It's even better the 2nd time. i hope we get better refs in the upcoming game.

I know this is a OR/West post, but I wanted to say (referring to the refs) that I thought the officiating for the Central/SD game may had been some of the best they had seen all year. Made the calls they needed too and for the most part let the guys play. Good group of officials!

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, ORcats said:

Just watched this game on the prepradio.com youtube channel.  It's even better the 2nd time. i hope we get better refs in the upcoming game.

I just watched it too, I'd imagine OR should want the same refs.  Without the 2 sketchy PI's and the insane fumble call, yall didn't have a chance.  TBF it looked to me like they missed the punt muff, but that was tough call.

43 minutes ago, guthook said:

I just watched it too, I'd imagine OR should want the same refs.  Without the 2 sketchy PI's and the insane fumble call, yall didn't have a chance.  TBF it looked to me like they missed the punt muff, but that was tough call.

Punt call was correct. It hit the OR player right in the back. Their is no halo rule in HS Football like college not to mention you cant call interference on two players from the same team.

• Upvote 1