Miss Basketball Candidates

CoachD33

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

My opinion wouldn’t change. Weathers couldn’t guard Hart. The thing I don’t like about the award is Weathers was nominated the last two years and they will vote for her because she didn’t win it last year. That isn’t the way it should work. They need to give it to the player that has had the best year. Hart has led her team to a 24-1 record with wins over Dyersburg twice, Creekwood, Dyer County twice, Greenfield, Peabody, USJ, Crockett County twice, TCA twice, South Gibson. 

I wouldn't expect you to change your opinion.  Nobody is discounting what Madison Hart has done this year.  She absolutely would be a deserving winner.  But your previous posts make it sound like someone would be crazy for thinking Weathers deserves the award - quote "I don't see how any unbiased party that knows basketball can vote against her".  I just don't think that's a fair statement. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maddams said:

I wouldn't expect you to change your opinion.  Nobody is discounting what Madison Hart has done this year.  She absolutely would be a deserving winner.  But your previous posts make it sound like someone would be crazy for thinking Weathers deserves the award - quote "I don't see how any unbiased party that knows basketball can vote against her".  I just don't think that's a fair statement. 

Both players play on really good teams. Madison has done more for her team, IMO. Karly is a great player and has had a great career. Just have seen what Madison has done and don’t see how she has been outplayed. Don’t see it. I seen Karly get slowed down big time against Summertown. We will see what she does in a few hours against a big time opponent.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, maddams said:

You are the same guy that said yesterday I was underselling Gibson County by having teams ahead of them. I tell it like it is. I have watched this kid play ever since she has been on the floor and she is the most dominant player I have seen in this class. The only thing stopping her is her not getting the ball. I like Loretto. I am not saying we beat them as a team because they are always tough. Just stating my opinion on the most dominant player in this class.

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You are the same guy that said yesterday I was underselling Gibson County by having teams ahead of them. I tell it like it is. I have watched this kid play ever since she has been on the floor and she is the most dominant player I have seen in this class. The only thing stopping her is her not getting the ball. I like Loretto. I am not saying we beat them as a team because they are always tough. Just stating my opinion on the most dominant player in this class.

I have seen both play. Both are great players, there’s no doubt about it! I will say Madison(imo) has the slight edge right now. Not taking anything away from Weathers! I would hate to have to be on the board to just have 1 pick in Single A. For as teams I probably go 

1a) Clarkrange

1b) Summertown 

2) Gibson County 

3) Lorotto 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I do think you’ve undersold Gibson County at times this season. They’re really good and will be for the foreseeable future. Again, I have no issue with you saying Hart is better than Weathers. She may very well be. You watch a lot of basketball and I respect your opinion. My issue was your statement that anyone who disagreed with that assessment was either biased or didn’t know basketball. I just don’t think the difference between the two is that obvious. 

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Let them play 1 on 1 and decide it. I’ll take Hart and it won’t be close. Heather Butler is the all time leading scoring leader in the OVC and won 2 AA Gold Balls back to back and went 70-1 and had D-1 scholarships all over the country and didn’t win it. Chloe Moore deserved it the last two years and won it, but for Heather Butler not to win it is BS. Loretto has lost 5 games and GC has lost 1. No way she deserves it over Madison Hart. Nobody and I mean nobody has guarded her yet. 

Chastity Fuzzell is the reason Heather didn’t win it. Any other time frame Heather would have won It. Chastity was the most athletic girl I have ever seen and could have been a star on a lot of boys teams. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Chastity Fuzzell is the reason Heather didn’t win it. Any other time frame Heather would have won It. Chastity was the most athletic girl I have ever seen and could have been a star on a lot of boys teams. 

Same Chasity Fuzzell and her team that was so scared of Gibson County they threw the game against Haywood so they wouldn’t have to play Gibson County in the Region. Well they chose to play Westview and Westview knocked them out. I disagree. I will take 5 of Butler and beat 10 of Fuzzell. Gotta Have Heart. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maddams said:

I do think you’ve undersold Gibson County at times this season. They’re really good and will be for the foreseeable future. Again, I have no issue with you saying Hart is better than Weathers. She may very well be. You watch a lot of basketball and I respect your opinion. My issue was your statement that anyone who disagreed with that assessment was either biased or didn’t know basketball. I just don’t think the difference between the two is that obvious. 

I think if they get out of West TN they have a decent shot to win it all. Gibson County has replaced state championship talent with maybe more talented players in some aspects. They are just real young. Next year I think Gibson County will win AA hands down if they stay healthy. They lose nobody. Summertown and Clarkrange are really good and have lots of seniors that have been there. Hart is the real deal and flies under the radar. She can go. Weathers is too.