State Dual Predictions

GoTNwrestling

One of my favorite things about this sport is the continual growth, watching programs rise and build up into contenders over time. Even if i’m not a fan of a program, you can’t hate the grind. Watching Wilson Central and Beech build their programs up was a blast to watch. I can’t wait to watch Summit do the same over the next several years. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Much too early prediction for next season:

Cleveland - They lose 4 very good senior starters and likely Chittum.  The Raiders have solid back-ups ready to fill-in and some strong talent coming in the freshman class (2-3 starters). The lower weights will need to successfully add weight and spread out to put the best team on the mat.  They will need to improve in some of the upper weight classes. They are #1 until proven otherwise.

Bradley - I know WC beat them easily but the Bears lose very little from this team.  If they can get better at the upper weights they will be tough. Some of their lighter weights may need to successfully move up to provide the help. Not sure what help they have coming from the freshman class but I am sure they have some talent.

Wilson Central - They lose 4 very strong starters by my count and they will be hard to replace.  They are always tough and well coached so if they have some solid back-ups waiting in the wings or strong freshmen coming they will be right there with Cleveland and Bradley.

Summit - They seem to have most of their strong wrestlers coming back and they really looked good this past weekend.  They seem to be on the rise and hopefully have some young talent to add.  Probably still a step behind the Big-3 right now but gaining.

Interested in thoughts from others who know these teams better than I.

4 hours ago, PackMentality said:

Much too early prediction for next season:

Cleveland - They lose 4 very good senior starters and likely Chittum.  The Raiders have solid back-ups ready to fill-in and some strong talent coming in the freshman class (2-3 starters). The lower weights will need to successfully add weight and spread out to put the best team on the mat.  They will need to improve in some of the upper weight classes. They are #1 until proven otherwise.

Bradley - I know WC beat them easily but the Bears lose very little from this team.  If they can get better at the upper weights they will be tough. Some of their lighter weights may need to successfully move up to provide the help. Not sure what help they have coming from the freshman class but I am sure they have some talent.

Wilson Central - They lose 4 very strong starters by my count and they will be hard to replace.  They are always tough and well coached so if they have some solid back-ups waiting in the wings or strong freshmen coming they will be right there with Cleveland and Bradley.

Summit - They seem to have most of their strong wrestlers coming back and they really looked good this past weekend.  They seem to be on the rise and hopefully have some young talent to add.  Probably still a step behind the Big-3 right now but gaining.

Interested in thoughts from others who know these teams better than I.

I agree. I think those 4 are the teams to beat. Summit will have another strong freshman class next year as well. They have 2 8th graders coming up that would have started on most teams.