Region 3AAA Tournament

White County is a classy bunch and a great program. I remember in the 90s when I was in school when y’all had Brent Jolley and Y’all came down to Cleveland I think in 1998 and stole a game from us in the sectional I believe. We were picked to win it all after winning the Championship  in 1997. Always had respect for White County. Kyle Gribble was a talented guy both on the court and gridiron.

Edited by fooseball95

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

White County is a classy bunch and a great program. I remember in the 90s when I was in school when y’all had Brent Jolley. Y’all came down to Cleveland I think in 1998 and stole a game from us in the sectional I believe. We were picked to win it all after winning the Championship  in 1997. Always had respect for White County. 

Yep those were good times. I was there for that game. Yaul had vincent yarborough and del baker i believe. We won the state in 98 and 99 . I never will forget it cause i got a speeding ticket coming back from that game.

Edited by 90warrior

7 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Yes we did. I also remember Kyle Gribble, he was a stud on the court and gridiron. What is he doing these days?

Yes kyle was a stud. State AAA mvp. He played pro ball for several years and was living in nashville. I think he is back in sparta now and he is working for the schools.

3 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

Yes kyle was a stud. State AAA mvp. He played pro ball for several years and was living in nashville. I think he is back in sparta now and he is working for the schools.

I played against him in college too when he went to Carson Newman.  Good guy

Edited by fooseball95

On 3/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, 90warrior said:

Yep those were good times. I was there for that game. Yaul had vincent yarborough and del baker i believe. We won the state in 98 and 99 . I never will forget it cause i got a speeding ticket coming back from that game.

Baker had already graduated when White County won the substate at Cleveland in 98. I was at that game in 98 as well. I personally wouldn't call it an upset. I'm pretty sure we had beaten Cleveland the year before when they won the State. 

3 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Baker had already graduated when White County won the substate at Cleveland in 98. I was at that game in 98 as well. I personally wouldn't call it an upset. I'm pretty sure we had beaten Cleveland the year before when they won the State. 

Yes Del graduated in 1997. Vincent graduated in 1998. Vincent was on the team when y’all won on in 1998. In 1997 we went 33-2. Let me check on that

Edited by fooseball95
  • Like 1