AAA Upset Thread

WrestlingGod

170 Luke Krepela vs Luke Justice. Krepela who had already beaten Justice in Substate duals by major decision & was ahead in round 2 when Krepela was called for an “illegal slam” after Justice dramatically laid on the mat with his coach telling him not to get up & to let the injury time run out. Justice was miraculously healed and won his next match not long after.  This was a very bad ref call & even worse call by an unethical coach! Justice should have never advanced past Krepela! He did not earn that spot! 
That TSSAA rule needs to change! 

3 hours ago, Wildfire said:

170 Luke Krepela vs Luke Justice. Krepela who had already beaten Justice in Substate duals by major decision & was ahead in round 2 when Krepela was called for an “illegal slam” after Justice dramatically laid on the mat with his coach telling him not to get up & to let the injury time run out. Justice was miraculously healed and won his next match not long after.  This was a very bad ref call & even worse call by an unethical coach! Justice should have never advanced past Krepela! He did not earn that spot! 

That's a mat return to the trapped arm side, to a defenseless wrestler. That's the correct call when they land flat like that on the trapped arm. Responsibility is on the guy making the mat return that he doesn't go to that side. The rules are put into place for the safety of the wrestlers 1st. They don't need to be changed. The coaching in the wrestling rooms need to be adjusted. The official in that match is a highly decorated 20 year official who made the correct call. And just FYI, it was the trainer that wouldn't allow the match to continue not the coaching staff at Summit. I'm an official and not associated with any of the parties. 

Edited by DAKEKO

19 minutes ago, DAKEKO said:

That's a mat return to the trapped arm side, to a defenseless wrestler. That's the correct call when they land flat like that on the trapped arm. Responsibility is on the guy making the mat return that he doesn't go to that side. The rules are put into place for the safety of the wrestlers 1st. They don't need to be changed. The coaching in the wrestling rooms need to be adjusted. The official in that match is a highly decorated 20 year official who made the correct call. And just FYI, it was the trainer that wouldn't allow the match to continue not the coaching staff at Summit. I'm an official and not associated with any of the parties. 

I agree. To return a kid to the mat in that way, is very dangerous. I personally was knocked out and missed a month of wrestling, due to a concussion, because of that specific return. I did not watch the match, so I will not comment on the last part, but that specific return is very dangerous. 

4 hours ago, Wildfire said:

Imagine calling Pete Miller, son of Al Miller, an unethical coach.

But I guess if you know for a fact Pete was telling him not to get up and to lay there and let injury time run out please share the video or at least how your magical ears could hear him say that from a distance. 

Edited by WrestlingGod

23 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

I agree. To return a kid to the mat in that way, is very dangerous. I personally was knocked out and missed a month of wrestling, due to a concussion, because of that specific return. I did not watch the match, so I will not comment on the last part, but that specific return is very dangerous. 

I also didn't see this mat return, but if you want to see an example of a wrestler who very well could have slammed someone but did not,  watch the end of Boyd's finals match. That is how you may mat return someone. 

22 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Imagine calling Pete Miller, son of Al Miller, an unethical coach.

But I guess if you know for a fact Pete was telling him not to get up and to lay there and let injury time run out please share the video or at least how your magical ears could hear him say that from a distance. 

Here’s what’s better. It was a 1 point match. Not like justice was getting hammered. No coach said that it came from the fans. Annnnnd the kid got in Pete’s face in the hallway threatening to beat the #### out of him.