Gomab's Team Rankings

CoachT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gomab, i just want to make sure you dont truly count clevelands loss to mccallie, tim cooper, jay davis, and lavonte barber, were all playing football. they ve dealt with everyone since. and would have dealt mccallie had they had their starting gaurds in the lineup.

Posted by coacht:

12/15/02 Rankings now available:

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=5564

I think you should at least put Sequatchie County in the honorable mention category they are (4-2) with losses to East Ridge and a (5-1) Hixson team where it was an 11 point loss but a close game till about two minutes left and Hixson's only loss came from a (11-2) Rhea County team!

[Edited by Sequatchie on 12-15-02 11:26P]

Halls high school team is finally getting their well deserved recognition. they are 7-0 and they have a district game against memphis mitchell tonight. now that you've looked at their team winnings, look at their players:

DANE STRAYHORN (averages about 25 to 30 pts. a game)

VINCENT DEWALT ( averages the same) :D

Guest lewisfan129

i agree lewis county is getting better but i really think the real story is giles county. i watched them play and they are very talented but they are very underachieving. the state title would be very easy to grab for them if they tried hard enough, but i see a small lack of desire. watch for a huge upset of giles county in the near future. maybe not by lewis county, maybe so, but somebody with some real heart and passion will want it bad enough, and get it.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents for the next poll, when it's released. In the single A poll Halls is ranked #1. Now... halls lost their last game to Memphis Mitchell which is a very talented, TALL team. Mitchell had run Halls down by 20 points in the first quarter because of Halls' conservative play. Halls came back in a frezied manner, all but shutting down Mitchell defensively. Throughout the rest of the game it was a pretty evenly matched game. The deficit was just too great to come back from. Halls showed a lot of composure in the last 3 quarters in coming back, hanging tough , and not leting the game get rediculously ugly. The margin of victory (17 pts) didn't reflect the type of game it had become in quarters 2-4. Mitchell slowed the pace to a crawl much of the 4th quarter and put it away late in the forth.(Kind of ran away with it in the end.) It was a good game that Halls stayed in until the end. I don't think the next meeting will be anything like this one. anyway, keep all this in consideration when compiling the new poll. Halls is a much better team then what the score to the Mitchell game implied.

Well, OK then. There seems to be a West Tennessee slant to your rankings, particularly in single A. Perry County should be ranked higher. They demolished Collinwood on Tuesday night and beat Waverly (AA) by 14 points at Waverly! This was Waverly's only defeat, beating the likes of Houston County who beat your #3 ranked McEwen team. It'll be interesting where you place them after the Lexington game. If they get beaten by Lexington, who is of course AA, their stock shouldn't fall according to your math.

I'm not dogging you out. I just think that it's a pretty tall order to rank teams this early in the season, especially when you've most likely never watched most of them play. :D

[Edited by 926 on 12-19-02 10:40P]

Thanks for all of the comments....

The Rankings come out every Sunday night......

There is a "west Tn slant", I guess you could call it, because I feel the level of ball in West Tn is better. There are no easy games! I look at the schedules these teams are playing and...WOW... There are soooooo many great teams out West....

Halls is a very good club, and lost to another very, very good club (I really like this Mitchell club with 6'7, 6'7, 6'5, 6'5 etc).... Both of these teams will be just fine...

To the response that this is difficult ranking these teams, especially early, and without a chance to see many of these teams......well.......yes it is, but I try to do my best. I get feedback from different quality sources in each part of the state, which helps..... I try to make the rankings as on-target as I can.....

By the Way.......HOW INCREDIBLY GOOD IS WHITE STATION????? These guys are unreal. I can think of 8 D-1 players on there roster just off the top of my head (Bradshaw, Strong, Ball, Ervin, Shaw, Prince, Cunningham, Williams, plus Gatewood, Marion)..... WOW!!!!! This team I truly feel could beat anyone in the country this year..... BTW by 30? Raleigh-Egypt by 20? Ridgeway by 18? This team is amazing.......................

Memphis seems to always have at least one STRONG team every year. When I was in school, 8 of the 24 teams at the state tournament were from Shelby County. Every so often, they'll have a down year. Apparently, this ain't one of 'em! I have to grin just a little when you reel off the player's heights. I can't count the number of 6'4" or 6'5" guys I've played against (or just met on the street) who I met eye to eye.....I'm a true 6'2". Every time I see a basketball player's height listed, I automatically knock off two inches.

Good job. I couldn't do what you're doing. Just take a closer look at Single A and I think you might move some teams around. :D