District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

5 hours ago, summit said:

A lot of parents and fans and players would like that . Don't think he would . Don't have nothing against Dodgen , just my opinion same as yours .

I am curious as to what makes you think Dodgen is not a successful coach. Every program he has been the head coach in has been successful. Multiple 20+ wins, trips to the region, sub-state games and trips to “the boro”. Every year he has seniors sign to play at the next level. Whether it’s D1, D2, D3 or NAIA, his former players are getting the opportunity to play and get a free education. That seems pretty successful to me. Based on your post in this thread and multiple threads, I know you don’t like him. Not sure what he’s done to you. I guess maybe because he’s an outsider, not born and raised in good ole Sparta. But, from yours and warriors complaints about him, why don’t you go and coach. If you have all the answers that would solve the problem, apply for the job. You complain about the turnovers, but last time I checked the coach isn’t dribbling, he’s not making the pass, he’s not knocking down the wide open shot, he’s not shooting the free throws. He’s putting his best five out there who should be able to handle and take care of the pressure. If I’m not mistaken your team is young, young kids don’t handle the pressure and that was evident. But, that also shows ability grow as a player next year. So once your done writing down all your notes on what he’s done wrong, I’d probably just throw them away. He’s going to end up in the coaching hall of fame before it’s over, and this is coming from a good ole boy with good ole knowledge of good ole basketball. 

22 minutes ago, rabbitranch said:

Leslie has won two. Her first was a team inherited from Eddie.

Didn’t Livingston fire her recently and then the parents demanded she be brought back? I did not know she had been there that long either LA hasn’t won State since 2004. 

Edited by Khall555

2 hours ago, goodoleboy42 said:

I am curious as to what makes you think Dodgen is not a successful coach. Every program he has been the head coach in has been successful. Multiple 20+ wins, trips to the region, sub-state games and trips to “the boro”. Every year he has seniors sign to play at the next level. Whether it’s D1, D2, D3 or NAIA, his former players are getting the opportunity to play and get a free education. That seems pretty successful to me. Based on your post in this thread and multiple threads, I know you don’t like him. Not sure what he’s done to you. I guess maybe because he’s an outsider, not born and raised in good ole Sparta. But, from yours and warriors complaints about him, why don’t you go and coach. If you have all the answers that would solve the problem, apply for the job. You complain about the turnovers, but last time I checked the coach isn’t dribbling, he’s not making the pass, he’s not knocking down the wide open shot, he’s not shooting the free throws. He’s putting his best five out there who should be able to handle and take care of the pressure. If I’m not mistaken your team is young, young kids don’t handle the pressure and that was evident. But, that also shows ability grow as a player next year. So once your done writing down all your notes on what he’s done wrong, I’d probably just throw them away. He’s going to end up in the coaching hall of fame before it’s over, and this is coming from a good ole boy with good ole knowledge of good ole basketball. 

Welcome to coacht. I see this is your first post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabbitranch said:

La won the gold ball in '90 -'94 -'99 and 2004. She coached the '99 and 2004 teams.

No. This is from the state archives

A RESOLUTION to honor and congratulate Coach Eddie Linder and the 1998-99 Livingston Academy girls' basketball team on winning the Tennessee
Secondary School Athletic Association Class AA state championship.

https://capitol.tn.gov/bills/101/Bill/HJR0263.pdf

Lesley has been here since 2001-2002, I believe. Might have been 2000-2001. 

10 hours ago, King21 said:

No. This is from the state archives

A RESOLUTION to honor and congratulate Coach Eddie Linder and the 1998-99 Livingston Academy girls' basketball team on winning the Tennessee
Secondary School Athletic Association Class AA state championship.

https://capitol.tn.gov/bills/101/Bill/HJR0263.pdf

Lesley has been here since 2001-2002, I believe. Might have been 2000-2001. 

You're probably right. My memory is not as good as it once was. I do remember Eddie was a great coach that I hated to see leave LA.