Jamborees in West Tennessee -2021

CHARGERFAN

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wow. I’m surprised y’all put up points like that on one of the favorites to win 5A. Milan got beat down by little ole UC. You guys will win the region by a mile….

Here you go trying to put that juju on us.  Henry Co. obviously ran through our defense like... Well, you remember Patton's famous quote!  I believe the Bulldogs have deliberately performed below preseason expectations in an effort to lull the rest of us into a false sense of security...lol.   We know the Dawgs are loaded.  

North Side appears to have had a good night last night, and you know SGC seems to have our number.  The Hornets haven't had any trouble putting points on the board (100 over the last two seasons) when playing the Tomcats.  It's going to be a tough year in Region 7.

1 minute ago, stacmot said:

Here you go trying to put that juju on us.  Henry Co. obviously ran through our defense like... Well, you remember Patton's famous quote!  I believe the Bulldogs have deliberately performed below preseason expectations in an effort to lull the rest of us into a false sense of security...lol.   We know the Dawgs are loaded.  

North Side appears to have had a good night last night, and you know SGC seems to have our number.  The Hornets haven't had any trouble putting points on the board (100 over the last two seasons) when playing the Tomcats.  It's going to be a tough year in Region 7.

Yes it will be a tough year for everyone not named Haywood. 

14 hours ago, stacmot said:

Henry Co. Jamboree

I wasn't there, but I believe those in attendance got their money's worth.

Haywood  6-0
Henry Co.  7-6
Haywood  13-7
Henry Co.  14-13
Haywood  19-14
Henry Co.  21-19
Haywood  25-21 Final

Looks like both teams will need to work on defense this week.

So, Stacmot, congrats on the win. That’s a lot of scoring in a jamboree. What about Haywood’s extra point kicking? Do you know if y’all were missing kicks, or going for two and not making it? Looks like several TD’s with no conversion, based on the scoring.

10 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, Stacmot, congrats on the win. That’s a lot of scoring in a jamboree. What about Haywood’s extra point kicking? Do you know if y’all were missing kicks, or going for two and not making it? Looks like several TD’s with no conversion, based on the scoring.

Thanks, and congrats to the Chargers on their win over Crockett Co.

Obviously, we had a successful kick after our second touchdown, but I don't know if the other PAT attempts were botched kicks or failed two point conversions.  I hope this is not the case, but at this point we may not have spent much time on the kicking game.  We do have two weeks before our season opens. 

We have an excellent kicker, so I'm thinking the problem could be snapping and/or timing.  All of this is guesswork on my part.  I would like to hear what happened with the PAT's from someone who was there.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wow. I’m surprised y’all put up points like that on one of the favorites to win 5A. Milan got beat down by little ole UC. You guys will win the region by a mile….

4 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Stop it those antics won’t work on the tomcat faithful lol.

Listen to Tomcatfan2011 BPM.  You're not fooling us.  We all know that Milan is loaded with talent, speed, strength, and a mean aggressive winner-take-all attitude.  The Bulldogs are the favorite.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Fortuitously encountering Clint amidst the ambience of Goodyear this morning sparked an impromptu yet intellectually stimulating conversation, wherein we engaged in a rigorous assessment of prospective candidates for the esteemed role of head football coach. Our discourse, characterized by its spontaneity and depth, led to the formulation of astute observations and discerning judgments regarding the suitability of various individuals for this pivotal position. Allow me to elucidate the fruits of our collaborative contemplation: This commentary endeavors to offer a discerning articulation of my subjective viewpoint, emphasizing a conscientious commitment to maintaining impartiality and refraining from any semblance of derogation directed towards individuals.  Those who possess meritorious qualifications for the esteemed head coaching role, delineated without hierarchical precedence, include: Rennard Woodmore, an esteemed alumnus of the Yellow Jackets, presents a magnificent pedigree, having held prominent positions in head coaching capacities across various regions. His pivotal role as a coordinator for teams contending for state championships further enhances his stature in the realm of football leadership. Kyle Gregory, erstwhile adorned in the resplendent gold insignia, though lacking direct head coaching experience, brings to the fore his invaluable insights garnered as a coordinator for esteemed teams, showcasing an acute understanding of the requisites for triumph whilst attired in the esteemed purple and gold regalia. Steven Jackson, whose contributions transcended mere clipboard duties under the tutelage of Kevin Creasy, emerges as an exceptional candidate for Trousdale County. His prior tenure and triumphs as an assistant coach underscore his suitability for the role. The sole drawback lies in his lack of affiliation with Trousdale County as an alumnus. Brandon Eden's extensive tenure within the chronicles of Trousdale County football, spanning a significant portion of its State Championships, coupled with his successful stints as a coordinator across diverse locales, underscores his candidacy despite a dearth of direct head coaching experience at the high school level. Davy Cothron, while beset by a modest playing career, has emerged as a luminary in offensive strategy, drawing parallels to the transformative appointment of Barker in 2015, thereby warranting consideration for his proven acumen in this realm. Joshua Hackett, notwithstanding his non-alumnus status, has left an indelible imprint across Middle Tennessee, distinguished by his adept curation of formidable defensive units as a coordinator at Watertown, albeit without direct head coaching experience. Kevin Creasy, the epitome of coaching prowess, merits an offer irrespective of his current inclinations, his unparalleled capacity to secure victories transcending geographical and institutional bounds, potentially extending to a role as Director of Schools should it align with his aspirations. Conversely, individuals who have not demonstrably earned the mantle of head coaching, enumerated without sequential precedence, encompass: Brad Waggoner David Barker Paul Pitts Jeremy Pruitt Clint Satterfield Robbie Atwood Wesley Satterfield Ben Johnson BJ West Whom do you all deem most fitting to assume the mantle of the next coach, and what rationale informs your choice? Conversely, whom do you perceive as ill-suited for the role, and what underpins your reasoning for their exclusion?
    • He's a Clinton fan.  But I wouldn't admit that either.  
    • Their any schedule out their for team camp?
    • This sums it all up to perfection.  
    • Just read the article! In one statement he says he didn’t know the player was academically ineligible yet he also says he met with a teacher in 2022 to discuss putting the player in credit recovery.  I find it hard to believe a Head Coach doesn’t know a player is not eligible; are they not responsible for clearing them to the TSSAA?