CLINTON 2021

92Dragon

Sounds like some really positive things happening over in Clinton with football. I think the turf is the right thing for the stadium because when it rains hard, they have some serious drainage problems. I remember the 2009 Playoff Game with AC, that was a mess. Grass is nice, but a good grass playing field has to drain well and have almost year around maintenance. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Sounds like some really positive things happening over in Clinton with football. I think the turf is the right thing for the stadium because when it rains hard, they have some serious drainage problems. I remember the 2009 Playoff Game with AC, that was a mess. Grass is nice, but a good grass playing field has to drain well and have almost year around maintenance. 

Coach Keith and staff are doing a good job of changing the attitude and mindset of the players.

Can't wait to see how we look against Morristown East Friday and get a better feel for what kind of team we will have this year.

There were several positives I took from the Mo East scrimmage tonight. First of all, I can see this team believing in themselves and having a little bit more pep in their step so to speak.

Clinton scored first on a nice effort by the wr to get in for the td.

Mo East answered with a rushing score of their own to tie it up at 1 score each.

Mo East was threatening to score again when a Clinton LB intercepted a pass and ran it back about 70 yards before being caught from behind.  Mo East never threatened to score for the rest of the scrimmage. 

Clinton on the other hand scored a 2nd TD on a nice pass from the backup quarterback. Then Clinton scored again later in the scrimmage with the younger players.

Not a bad showing at all as far as I'm concerned. Still have alot to work on of course. 

I wish Mo East the best of luck and hope they have a great season! 

Next up for the Dragons is CAK next Friday. 

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Hey 92, Happy football season to you friend.  Question.  Word in the Ridge is that 2 former Oak Ridge coaches are a part of the Clinton coaching staff.  Any truth to that?  I know they hired a former West coach as assistant AD as well.

Now I really want to hear the answer to this question

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Hey 92, Happy football season to you friend.  Question.  Word in the Ridge is that 2 former Oak Ridge coaches are a part of the Clinton coaching staff.  Any truth to that?  I know they hired a former West coach as assistant AD as well.

I know for sure that Don Colquit is on staff, but I'm not sure who the other one is. 

3 hours ago, mckamey09 said:

I figured they would get on it. Thanks for the reply are they still scrimmaging CAK at the practice field tomorrow?

As far as I know, the scrimmage is still on. I just haven't heard an exact time just yet. I'm sure Keith will post something on Twitter about it later this morning.

• Thanks 1