Waverly 2021

1 minute ago, Trollin said:

Lol who said that we could play at home? Nobody. You made it sound like he was trying to play home against sycamore. That’s why I said the way I understand it is no home games and all would be played away. Vandy stated McEwen was a possibility. 

I understand the confusion. I don’t know how or where he plans on playing the game at. He has said the game will be played tho. 

1 minute ago, Anonymoustiger said:

I understand the confusion. I don’t know how or where he plans on playing the game at. He has said the game will be played tho. 

Yea, Initially he said they were going to play against Columbia Academy this Friday but he just verified that’s a no go. 

12 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

I don’t see how you guys think we can play any home games. There is no field to play home games. I agree with the idea that maybe mcewen will let us use their field to play. Only other option is all away games. Then again I don’t think the boys care abt where they play. I’m sure they would all okay at ray hampton right now if giving the opportunity. Circumstances of the field wouldn’t stop their excitement. 

Chill young grass hopper LOL... McEwen sounds good to me! 

With all of the crazy that is going on in the world right now, I would just like to say that I am proud to be from W. TN! Every single time that a disaster or hard falls, the communities and the people stand up to help. Our boys played a 6th grade game tonight in Peabody, and instead of charging admission, the folks at Peabody decided to just simply take a donation for the folks from Waverly. I thought this was absolutely a class act from them... I proud to be where I am from. West Tennessee has been my home for 37 years now, and will be that way until I meet my maker. I am a SGC guy. 

Waverly, you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers! You will get through this, and come back stronger!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

With all of the crazy that is going on in the world right now, I would just like to say that I am proud to be from W. TN! Every single time that a disaster or hard falls, the communities and the people stand up to help. Our boys played a 6th grade game tonight in Peabody, and instead of charging admission, the folks at Peabody decided to just simply take a donation for the folks from Waverly. I thought this was absolutely a class act from them... I proud to be where I am from. West Tennessee has been my home for 37 years now, and will be that way until I meet my maker. I am a SGC guy. 

Waverly, you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers! You will get through this, and come back stronger!

You never truly understand the good that is still left in the world we live in. I and the rest of tiger nation would like to thank the rest of the Tennessee football family for all the donations, help, and prayers sent our way. It truly means a lot!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Much love and respect. So much support being shown. God Bless you all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

I’ve spoke with some some of the football boys, playing football is the last thing they’re worried abt. A lot of them said they don’t want to play football rn and they they’d rather be out helping others. Says a lot abt this group of young men.

Sure does, but that community I’m sure needs something to cheer for, so essentially they would be helping their community.

Sad situation no doubt… continued prayers for all those effected.

Edited by H2Oman

If anyone would like to donate money to Waverly Football, a Venmo account has been setup. Venmo @tigerfootball (the name will say Daniel Dooley) he is our Quarterback Club President. Or you can donate in person at at any First Bank in Tennessee to Waverly Tiger Football account. Attached is Twitter page with this same info. Thanks in advance. Anything helps. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/waverlytigerfb

• Like 1