Waverly 2021

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Glad that the Titans stepped up and offered help. Going to be a long two or three year grind to have everything back like you want, but thinking of those kids stepping out on that playing surface puts a smile on my face...can't imagine how the kids will feel! I hope that after seeing the damage and hearing of the team's misfortune, the Titan fanbase comes out to see the kids too. They'll remember the flood always, and playing there just as long.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Glad that the Titans stepped up and offered help. Going to be a long two or three year grind to have everything back like you want, but thinking of those kids stepping out on that playing surface puts a smile on my face...can't imagine how the kids will feel! I hope that after seeing the damage and hearing of the team's misfortune, the Titan fanbase comes out to see the kids too. They'll remember the flood always, and playing there just as long.

No doubt! I know they are excited. Means a lot to these kids and the Tiger faithful!

Attached is a link for video damage of Waverly Facilities. If you feel led to donate, please do. Every little bit helps. You can donate at www.WeAreWaverly.com. Click Football to take you to the official Go Fund Me Page for the football team. Thank you all for your support and prayers!

http://www.WeAreWaverly.com

Video of Waverly Central Football Facility

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question for some of you waverly fellas that have been around for the last decade. And before I ask the question, yes I keep in mind that we haven’t played very good teams yet, but the question still looms. Could this be the best waverly defense all around that has been here? They may not be as big as the defense that played against trezevant or as athletic as the defense that played against Peabody the first time around, but they play very sound and fundamental and they love to lay the wood, time will tell how good this defense is, but what do some of y’all think?

The talent is there but I will go out on a limb and say the difference this year over those others is coaching. I think Coach Wall is the best defensive coach we have had. He has the team bought in and everyone does their job. Time will tell if it’s the best defense but it certainly is the best coached. Our line backers are absolute studs. Still a whole lot of ball to play. 

7 hours ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Question for some of you waverly fellas that have been around for the last decade. And before I ask the question, yes I keep in mind that we haven’t played very good teams yet, but the question still looms. Could this be the best waverly defense all around that has been here? They may not be as big as the defense that played against trezevant or as athletic as the defense that played against Peabody the first time around, but they play very sound and fundamental and they love to lay the wood, time will tell how good this defense is, but what do some of y’all think?

They'll have to be really special to be better than the 2015-2016 defense. Big, fast, gang tackled, and hit like a runaway dump truck.