Waverly 2021

8 hours ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Question for some of you waverly fellas that have been around for the last decade. And before I ask the question, yes I keep in mind that we haven’t played very good teams yet, but the question still looms. Could this be the best waverly defense all around that has been here? They may not be as big as the defense that played against trezevant or as athletic as the defense that played against Peabody the first time around, but they play very sound and fundamental and they love to lay the wood, time will tell how good this defense is, but what do some of y’all think?

Not trying to bust anybodies bubble but this defense is nowhere near the talent level as the 2016 team.

That is probably the best team Waverly has ever fielded.

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Not trying to bust anybodies bubble but this defense is nowhere near the talent level as the 2016 team.

That is probably the best team Waverly has ever fielded.

And just to add the teams that Waverly faced in 2016 was remarkable also!

Fairview 

Scotts Hill

Trezvant

Go to the schedule part of coach T and checkout those teams I just mentioned for 2016. Waverly defense was absolutely NASTY that year!

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I watched every snap of that season bud I’m telling you in my opinion their are not even comparable. Just my two cents.

I’m not arguing you abt it, I agree with you 100% that that waverly team is the best we’ve ever had. Defense had monsters all over the place. It was insane, not to mention exaclty what you said, including huntingdon, absolutely crazy finish to that game. Hard to best that team for sure!

2 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

I’m not arguing you abt it, I agree with you 100% that that waverly team is the best we’ve ever had. Defense had monsters all over the place. It was insane, not to mention exaclty what you said, including huntingdon, absolutely crazy finish to that game. Hard to best that team for sure!

We didn’t play Huntingdon that year bud!

2 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

We didn’t play Huntingdon that year bud!

That was the next year. Waverly was amazing on the offensive side of the ball in 2017 and 2018. We just lacked the defense but it still carried us far. 

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

That was the next year. Waverly was amazing on the offensive side of the ball in 2017 and 2018. We just lacked the defense but it still carried us far. 

Correct, my mistake, that was the year huntingdon beat the tiger squad by 3, if I’m not mistaking, 16 was the year the battle of the bridge game came down to the final play too, that was a very tough Camden squad.

10 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Correct, my mistake, that was the year huntingdon beat the tiger squad by 3, if I’m not mistaking, 16 was the year the battle of the bridge game came down to the final play too, that was a very tough Camden squad.

Yes Camden had a very good running back that year. Fairview went undefeated that year getting put out of the playoffs in a close game with Goodpasture and Scott’s Hill went down to Adamsville and beat them to play us again to see who got Trez. Adamsville was undefeated that year until then also.

I miss that Waverly team. My son was a senior that year!