Polk County @ Copper Basin

TheCommander

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, Yeti said:

Polk played Meigs and Bledsoe hard last year. If graduation was kind to them they could have a much better year if their coach is able to keep it together.

Going with Polk

After seeing Copper Basin and Polk in the Jamboree I'm gonna change my pick. Copper Basin was definitely the better team, but Polk had more kids on the sidelines. This game could be Copper Basin taking the lead early and if they can hang on take the win. 

Copper Basin 28

Polk County 14

On 8/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, TheCommander said:

Curious to see what Polk brought back this year. Us and Polk are both playing at the jamboree at Loudon this Friday. 

After seeing Polk looks like you may have the upper hand. What do you think.

9 minutes ago, Yeti said:

After seeing Copper Basin and Polk in the Jamboree I'm gonna change my pick. Copper Basin was definitely the better team, but Polk had more kids on the sidelines. This game could be Copper Basin taking the lead early and if they can hang on take the win. 

Copper Basin 28

Polk County 14

After seeing Polk looks like you may have the upper hand. What do you think.

I think from top to bottom we have more talent but I will say that Polk has a handful of players that are good athletes and they do play hard. But I don’t think it will change too much. I think your score prediction is a good one. 

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I love this county rivalry - made a rivalry when Coach Mullinax was at the Basin and pulled an upset over the highly favored Wildcats.  Praying for safety for players on both teams.

I liked Coach M.Basin was tough.He did I fine job a Tellico also.Man had class.

22 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I love this county rivalry - made a rivalry when Coach Mullinax was at the Basin and pulled an upset over the highly favored Wildcats.  Praying for safety for players on both teams.

I played for Daley and Boggs at Basin, a lot of their coaching philosophy came from Mullinax and I played against Mullinax when he was at Tellico. I had a couple interactions with him great guy! He put Basin football on the map in the 80’s and people in the Basin still appreciate what he done!

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

My two sons were blessed to play for Coach Mullinax at McMinn from the '86 - '90 seasons.  What he taught them about life on and off the field was immeasurable! 

When we would play tellico he always made it a point to come over and tip his cap to us basin boys if his team won or lost.