Page vs. Fairview

One of Williamson County’s biggest rival games takes place this Friday night in the Battle of 840. 

As a long time lover of high school football, it always brings me joy that this game became an annual deal. I’m sure this will be another fun for these two communities. 

What does everyone know about these two teams this year? How does this years edition of this game play out?

15 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

One of Williamson County’s biggest rival games takes place this Friday night in the Battle of 840. 

As a long time lover of high school football, it always brings me joy that this game became an annual deal. I’m sure this will be another fun for these two communities. 

What does everyone know about these two teams this year? How does this years edition of this game play out?

I’ve seen them at 2 7v7 camps, unfortunately those camps mean nothing Bc football is played in pads so I couldn’t tell you a whole lot, but they didn’t seem to be much of a passing team. They return their best receiver from last year #6. Everyone that has watched Fairview play knows the oline is usually above average so run game should be very effective. I look forward to the season finally at yalls place, good luck to all teams this year and I hope everyone can avoid this virus as much as possible.

14 minutes ago, stingrays said:

Based on the Faiview vs. MC scrimmage. Fairview easily wins, Page did not look good at all at the scrimmage at Marshall County. Page is way, WAY down compared to when MC and Page was in the same region just a few years ago. 

My nephew plays for Dickson and I was told Page struggled with them in a scrimmage too, but it was the first one, so I did not put much thought into it.  Every one tends to struggle somewhat that first scrimmage.  I know Page lost many plays with class of 2020, but have not heard about their losses with class of 2021.

Edited by ladyvol31

12 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

My nephew plays for Dickson and I was told Page struggled with them in a scrimmage too, but it was the first one, so I did not put much thought into it.  Every one tends to struggle somewhat that first scrimmage.  I know Page lost many plays with class of 2020, but have not heard about their losses with class of 2021.

I was at the Page scrimmage vs Dickson.  Page moved the ball at will, even without their starting Quarterback.  Dickson struggled to move the ball on Page defense, although they looked solid in the 2nd half of the scrimmage (backups?).  It looked like a typical first scrimmage to me, but Page looked solid.  Dickson has some good looking players.  

7 hours ago, Jacketman89 said:

I wouldn’t put a lot into comparing scrimmages with either of these clubs. These two teams usually get up for this annual opener. It’s always a great atmosphere. Looking forward to it! 

This is why this one is hard to predict. Scrimmages may show how good or bad these teams are right now, but these teams always bring their A game in this one. Should be a fun game. 

19 hours ago, Jacketman89 said:

I wouldn’t put a lot into comparing scrimmages with either of these clubs. These two teams usually get up for this annual opener. It’s always a great atmosphere. Looking forward to it! 

Definitely, but it is all we as fans have to go on right now!  LOL!  Looking forward to some live football this week.  And YES, these teams always bring it when they play each other!  Should be a fun game to watch!