Bearden at West

WestHigh4Life

20 hours ago, HTV said:

I like West with a comfortable win. 

And being the Bearden alum that I am (back in the old days when we were told to take 5 salt pills and rub some Atomic Balm on it and get our a**es back in there) it pains me to say that.  

HTV, 

Have you checked out Bearden this pre-season in scrimmages/jamboree? How do they look with new QB?

39 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

HTV, 

Have you checked out Bearden this pre-season in scrimmages/jamboree? How do they look with new QB?

Saw some video of their scrimmage with William Blount and the video from the jamboree quarter with Powell.  

QB has some skills.  Still a ways to go, however.  

William Blount turned it over 4 or 5 times, which was pretty much the "highlights" of that scrimmage.  

Powell ran up and down the field between the 10s in that quarter, and also turned it over twice. 

So my Cliff's Notes version of what I have seen is that the defense has been "opportunistic", but the offense is still a work in progress.  

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Saw some video of their scrimmage with William Blount and the video from the jamboree quarter with Powell.  

QB has some skills.  Still a ways to go, however.  

William Blount turned it over 4 or 5 times, which was pretty much the "highlights" of that scrimmage.  

Powell ran up and down the field between the 10s in that quarter, and also turned it over twice. 

So my Cliff's Notes version of what I have seen is that the defense has been "opportunistic", but the offense is still a work in progress.  

I gotcha, I only saw the Jambo and it looked like the defense really gave that Powell passing attack some issues. Lots of running around by Potts. Do you think West can win only running the ball? Or will the new West QB have some success? Battle of 2 new QBs tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I gotcha, I only saw the Jambo and it looked like the defense really gave that Powell passing attack some issues. Lots of running around by Potts. Do you think West can win only running the ball? Or will the new West QB have some success? Battle of 2 new QBs tomorrow!

West has some really good receivers.  I see them as a legit dual threat offense.  It's not the split veer of Scott Cummings days any longer.  

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

West has some really good receivers.  I see them as a legit dual threat offense.  It's not the split veer of Scott Cummings days any longer.  

Yes, those WR have been solid for a few years now from what I've seen. Very athletic and that QB last year was very good. How did West do in jamboree? Wasn't able to stay, they played past my bedtime HAHA!