Jackson North Side @ Covington - 8/27/21

CHARGERFAN

Covington opens the home season next Friday night versus Region 7-4A opponent, Jackson North Side. These two teams have not met since 2014. The Chargers lost that one at North Side, 28-7. These two teams have not met often, and their all-time record is tied 4-4. 

The Sonny_Moore Power Rankings show Covington at 138 and North Side at 113. That's a difference of 25 points, plus I give the home team 3 for home field advantage. The spread would then be 28 points. I don't know anything about North Side, and I see that they play Hardin County tonight to open their season. Of course, Sonny_Moore will update his rankings before next week, so the numbers will probably change some by game day.

I would like to hear from the rest of you on this match-up.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington opens the home season next Friday night versus Region 7-4A opponent, Jackson North Side. These two teams have not met since 2014. The Chargers lost that one at North Side, 28-7. These two teams have not met often, and their all-time record is tied 4-4. 

The Sonny_Moore Power Rankings show Covington at 138 and North Side at 113. That's a difference of 25 points, plus I give the home team 3 for home field advantage. The spread would then be 28 points. I don't know anything about North Side, and I see that they play Hardin County tonight to open their season. Of course, Sonny_Moore will update his rankings before next week, so the numbers will probably change some by game day.

I would like to hear from the rest of you on this match-up.

North Side plays Hardin County tonight. They were supposed to play Huntingdon in a preseason scrimmage, but got cancelled. They played Paducah Tilghman in the Henry County jamboree, and won by 25-21 or 28-21 something like that. 
I don’t know what North Side has tonight. Good complimentary players. Regardless, this won’t be a 28 point game (spread wise) because there won’t be enough plays to cover the 28 points for the Chargers. Too early for prediction because North Side is playing tonight.

46 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

North Side plays Hardin County tonight. They were supposed to play Huntingdon in a preseason scrimmage, but got cancelled. They played Paducah Tilghman in the Henry County jamboree, and won by 25-21 or 28-21 something like that. 
I don’t know what North Side has tonight. Good complimentary players. Regardless, this won’t be a 28 point game (spread wise) because there won’t be enough plays to cover the 28 points for the Chargers. Too early for prediction because North Side is playing tonight.

Yeah, will be interested in the outcome tonight. Will check the game write-up in the Jackson Sun tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

North side plays the run pretty well, their ends can hold the edge. Hardin county basically beat them on 5 big plays which 4 came through the air to pope

Covington depends on our running game. If North Side can stop us from running the ball, it will get interesting. We only threw 2 passes in the opener vs. Munford. 

Covington will beat Northside worse than HC did. Wallace is a good running QB. But they depend on him for a lot of there offense. If Covington and keep contain and not give him the edge, they will shut NS down. They do have size up front though. #22 on defense is good for them as well. No knock on NS , they do have some good athletes.

19 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah I thought Hardin County would win by 14 last night. 19 is close. Covington should beat North Side in the 21-24 range. The Indians are good, but nothing scares me about them. Offense is similar to Covington. Defensive line played well, but they’ll be challenge on Friday.

You are in the same range as the Massey Matchup Tool. It predicts a Covington win by 39-14. That’s 25 points. Interesting that Sonny-Moore had 25 points before you put in the home field advantage.