TC vs Upperman

tcjacket13

3 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Numbers justify being a 4a team, school is at or near capacity. Actually I think smallest enrollment in the region except for Cumberland County. But they have approved a budget to expand the HS, so I am sure 4 years the will jump to 5a. The school board and higher ups don't care enough about UHS to fudge numbers to help thier sports, just look at the facility they play at. Everything goes to CHS. Diffrence is coaching, and way to much politics in Cookeville. 

I disagree with facilities overall. Upperman has some pretty good facilities. I personally think Cookeville has the worst facilities in the county now that Monterey has their new (and longer overdue) school.

5 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Sorta has, but can't get the numbers out. Need more than 42 kids and 7 seniors to compete in 4a. And I am not sure Nick Saban could get all the politics out of Macon. 

Very True! Part of the reason Creasy didn’t go even if they offered him everything under the sun 

21 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

I disagree with facilities overall. Upperman has some pretty good facilities. I personally think Cookeville has the worst facilities in the county now that Monterey has their new (and longer overdue) school.

UHS stadium holds 1/5 the capacity of CHS. CHS has a turf field and a rubberized track around it.  CHS has a player field house and lounge, and a spererate huge Weight training facility. UHS has a tiny field house smaller than the CHS locker room- lounge,, that houses a small home and visitor locker room, equipment room, bath rooms for fans, and concession stand.  I heard it wasn't even air condition until recently. No seating capacity so they bring in area softball bleachers just to host larger crowds. They practice on field shared by both soccer teams, both lacrosse teams and pee wee football practices sometimes. No comparison to what CHS has. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell

18 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

UHS stadium holds 1/5 the capacity of CHS. CHS has a turf field and a rubberized track around it.  CHS has a player field house and lounge, and a spererate huge Weight training facility. UHS has a tiny field house smaller than the CHS locker room- lounge,, that houses a small home and visitor locker room, equipment room, bath rooms for fans, and concession stand.  I heard it wasn't even air condition until recently. No seating capacity so they bring in area softball bleachers just to host larger crowds. They practice on field shared by both soccer teams, both lacrosse teams and pee wee football practices sometimes. No comparison to what CHS has. 

I was referring to all sports in general. Football may be nicer, but CHS has a bad setup for their gym. Everyone I know hates those stupid spiral staircases to the top level.

56 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

I was referring to all sports in general. Football may be nicer, but CHS has a bad setup for their gym. Everyone I know hates those stupid spiral staircases to the top level.

No may be about it. Cookevilles gym is at least big.  It's like Putnam built the athletic facilities in UHS for a 1a program and a school to hold a 4a sized population. Now that they are expanding, UHS is stuck with the size gym they have. Maybe someone will upgrade the football fields and add practice fields for all the teams.  Back to the game....this one will be closer than people expect 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

When you’re from that area you would be. Well, neighboring county. 

Do you actually have a point?

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

Yep, a lot of my friends lived in Cookeville that went to Upperman. That was years ago

oh no don't tell that to the TC boys, upperman is whatever they say it is... cheaters, rule breakers, etc..