Marion travels to Sequatchie County.

@Yeti I believe there is some validity to your point about Grundy. MC has a lot of work to do if they are going to make a run in the playoffs this year. As far as the play calling is concerned, Dale might come from the camp of "calling plays that shouldn't work against a team your supposed to beat" type of guy. The thinking behind the mindset is that is the best way to get better against lesser competition and you don't have to open up the playbook too much. I know he wants to play a physical brand of football, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see us attack the outside more frequently than we have been. Still early in the season and I have high hopes for this bunch. 

1 minute ago, oldfaithful said:

@Yeti I believe there is some validity to your point about Grundy. MC has a lot of work to do if they are going to make a run in the playoffs this year. As far as the play calling is concerned, Dale might come from the camp of "calling plays that shouldn't work against a team your supposed to beat" type of guy. The thinking behind the mindset is that is the best way to get better against lesser competition and you don't have to open up the playbook too much. I know he wants to play a physical brand of football, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see us attack the outside more frequently than we have been. Still early in the season and I have high hopes for this bunch. 

Yeah, gotta call the right plays for your personnel. I know Marion is good. I just think a game vs Sequatchie will make you better compared to a game vs Grundy. Sequatchie had a hard game the first week and it helped them to adjust weaknesses on their team. Nothing wrong with playing Grundy, I'm just saying Sequatchie probably had a better game to prepare you for a hard game in week one than Marion did. At least that's what I think. They should Have major improvements this week. Which will help them play Tyner.

34 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Yeah we will find out more this week about us.  Abney is gonna be a fine qb for us and I know he needs experience but I feel like he doesn't help us if he isn't allowed to throw.  There were several times he could have pulled it and still been running.  It looked like the read option with ut, read option but it wasn't.  We can't be so predictable.   I know we were last year and it was said to be because covid and we didn't get to install everything.  Supposedly more variation this year so we will see against tyner next week.  I liked the offense way better in 04-05 when pruitt was here.  The line looked way better in the second half when they were going downhill.  And you are right, it is title game or bust with these groups the next few years.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Yeah we will find out more this week about us.  Abney is gonna be a fine qb for us and I know he needs experience but I feel like he doesn't help us if he isn't allowed to throw.  There were several times he could have pulled it and still been running.  It looked like the read option with ut, read option but it wasn't.  We can't be so predictable.   I know we were last year and it was said to be because covid and we didn't get to install everything.  Supposedly more variation this year so we will see against tyner next week.  I liked the offense way better in 04-05 when pruitt was here.  The line looked way better in the second half when they were going downhill.  And you are right, it is title game or bust with these groups the next few years.

I'm beginning to think Tyner is pretty good. Preseason I'd have thought you would run away with it, but Tyner keeps impressing some. 

• Like 1

I was at this game last night.  I was not impressed with Marion.  If Dunlap holds onto the ball, the game is alot closer.  Yall might be on to sometihng about Coach Pruitts approach to this game.  If Marion plans to compete, i think they have to improve.  Pikeville and Meigs are a little better right now i beleive.  I liked how Marion used 14 more last night.

• Thanks 1

Tyner is no slouch. They always have talent, some years more than others but they are always a solid opponent. 

I agree with you Truth, that's why I'm in wait and see mode. 04 team had a couple of weapons and 05 was strictly Van after losing Bragg. Coach Pruitt did a great job of adjusting to what he had and building the offense around them. Now he has a plethora of options, which should make his job a little easier when it comes to dialing up plays. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Tyner is no slouch. They always have talent, some years more than others but they are always a solid opponent. 

I agree with you Truth, that's why I'm in wait and see mode. 04 team had a couple of weapons and 05 was strictly Van after losing Bragg. Coach Pruitt did a great job of adjusting to what he had and building the offense around them. Now he has a plethora of options, which should make his job a little easier when it comes to dialing up plays. 

I didnt remember names but I do remember a little more misdirection out of the wingt and even a little option out of the I formation.  Man, this team would really be a monster if they still ran the veer.

1 hour ago, TheBest2018 said:

I was at this game last night.  I was not impressed with Marion.  If Dunlap holds onto the ball, the game is alot closer.  Yall might be on to sometihng about Coach Pruitts approach to this game.  If Marion plans to compete, i think they have to improve.  Pikeville and Meigs are a little better right now i beleive.  I liked how Marion used 14 more last night.

I agree.

For all the hype Marion underperformed last night. If we just don’t turn it over ever time we put some major pressure on Marion.

Tyner and Bledsoe and Meigs won’t be as giving. 
If Marion is going to play 14 they have to pass the ball. Otherwise they gotta roll with 7.

thoughts?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

I agree.

For all the hype Marion underperformed last night. If we just don’t turn it over ever time we put some major pressure on Marion.

Tyner and Bledsoe and Meigs won’t be as giving. 
If Marion is going to play 14 they have to pass the ball. Otherwise they gotta roll with 7.

thoughts?

Agree totally, good luck to the injuns.....

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

That’s good to hear. I didn’t notice a lot of injuries.  I did notice some very average football last night. Hopefully both of us can improve.

Average is a nice way to put it. The word I would use would put me in Coach T jail probably.

I can see maybe 1 more loss for the Indians and about 3 losses for the Warriors.

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Average is a nice way to put it. The word I would use would put me in Coach T jail probably.

I can see maybe 1 more loss for the Indians and about 3 losses for the Warriors.

You guys really underperform or just weren't showing any plays lol? I think  that was stated as well.