Falcons host Obion Central

TipToe421

8 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

It is not up to the schools to contact trace. That is set forth by the state dept of education and the state department of health. Union city may not be contact tracing but they should be based on the mandate from the aforementioned entities, trust me I've been contact tracing since March of last year on my job. 

The requirement is that schools are still required to report positive cases to the state and then the health departments do the contacts. However the TN department of health will not mandate what individual school districts do as far as quarantine,masks,surveillance etc. if you are vaccinated you do not have to quarantine if you have been exposed and not symptomatic. Of course you are supposed to if you become positive 

8 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Wrong again, the school system is to be responsible for the contact tracing simply because the school system knows the students, their schedules and all others the student may have been in contact with. The health department does not know these things it has to be provided by the school system itself. 

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/44433429/health-departments-to-continue-contact-tracing-even-if-school-systems-dont

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Uh why should Union City have to cancel? I understand you're pissed about your game but it has literally nothing to do with UC.. unless y'all trotted a kid with Covid onto the field. 

If one team or the other had kids playing with a positive covid then all that played were exposed. All LC kids were cleared last Tuesday meaning a negative test. That is not to say that someone become positive after being tested.i don't know if that was the case or what but regardless all the kids that played in that game were exposed by someone. So why should anyone take a chance of exposing anyone else. There are no easy answers to this. I want all kids especially the seniors to get to play their whole schedule but are we willing to expose other kids?

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

If one team or the other had kids playing with a positive covid then all that played were exposed. All LC kids were cleared last Tuesday meaning a negative test. That is not to say that someone become positive after being tested.i don't know if that was the case or what but regardless all the kids that played in that game were exposed by someone. So why should anyone take a chance of exposing anyone else. There are no easy answers to this. I want all kids especially the seniors to get to play their whole schedule but are we willing to expose other kids?

IF  that’s the thing you don’t know. If none of the team is positive thursday then none of it should matter. Quarantine a kid who we know doesn’t have a virus is dumb 

4 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

IF  that’s the thing you don’t know. If none of the team is positive thursday then none of it should matter. Quarantine a kid who we know doesn’t have a virus is dumb 

I'm not saying quarantine a kid that doesn't have it. All need to be tested again. Yes they are Quarantining kids through contact tracing that hasn't been tested yet. Which is dumb but it is happening

6 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

That was before school started on August 2nd, I remember when that was released statewide even before it was released to the news media. With the cases rising so quickly the tracing is now back in the hands of the school system. Trust me, I do this for a living. 

4 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

I just find it totally hard to believe that lake county is the only high school in west Tennessee that has to cancel football games due to covid/contact tracing. It just doesn't add up to me. Apparently the other school districts must be under reporting or not reporting at all

At least 9 games across the state have been cancelled due to Covid this Friday.  I do believe some are not reporting though.