Gordy @ H20

PiddyDaFull

34 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

Well…. That was ugly. The good… Coach Hackett still knows how to coach defense. The Bad… Coach Webster still can’t coach offense. I think I’m going to call Webster’s offense the Joe Biden offense, for reasons that at this point and time might seem “too soon”. But he is about as innovative as a corn flake. 

There were a couple of moments were they seemed very low energy (a trade mark of the Joe Biden offense), heck even the band was playing slow, but for the most part the effort seemed solid. Solid effort+poor scheme=what we saw last night. 

Unless something drastically changes this team will be lucky to win three games this year. I’ll still be cheering them on. This town produces some outstanding young men, that alone makes them easy to cheer for. That being said we just don’t have the athletes we’ve had in recent memory. And unless Webster has a full house, he has no idea how to win with a pair of jacks. 

Have to be able to adapt, pro set or even the wing T would benefit this H2O team 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Have to be able to adapt, pro set or even the wing T would benefit this H2O team 

6 minutes ago, biggest said:

I thought wing T also.

It will never happen… Coach Webster was one of the first coaches to implement the spread offense in 1A/2A and my bet is that he will ride it out.

With that being said, they have to find some way to loosen the defense up with passing. 

I know their line is struggling, but was curious why we didn’t try more quick slants last night?

I’m not going to beat on Webster here, but he has got to find a way to keep Cousino healthy and running him every other play isn’t going to work.

57 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

Well…. That was ugly. The good… Coach Hackett still knows how to coach defense. The Bad… Coach Webster still can’t coach offense. I think I’m going to call Webster’s offense the Joe Biden offense, for reasons that at this point and time might seem “too soon”. But he is about as innovative as a corn flake. 

There were a couple of moments were they seemed very low energy (a trade mark of the Joe Biden offense), heck even the band was playing slow, but for the most part the effort seemed solid. Solid effort+poor scheme=what we saw last night. 

Unless something drastically changes this team will be lucky to win three games this year. I’ll still be cheering them on. This town produces some outstanding young men, that alone makes them easy to cheer for. That being said we just don’t have the athletes we’ve had in recent memory. And unless Webster has a full house, he has no idea how to win with a pair of jacks. 

Maybe we just aren’t anywhere near as good as we’ve been the past few years. It’s difficult to be “innovative” when there isn’t any time for the QB to do anything. 

Last night was a product of no one on the field ever having a vital workload. Cousino has never had the workload he did last night. He was the primary ball carrier. Just give them a little time.

12 hours ago, H2Oman said:

The  last several years we’ve went into games knowing we were absolutely better than the other team… that’s not the case this year.

This team is going to have to fight and scratch for anything they get this year and to be honest I didn’t see any fight in them tonight.

I will however have to brag on 64 ( Robertson I believe) the kid  brought it tonight on defense!

The Robertson kid had 16 tackles last week and played hard again this week. He’s probably our toughest player and it’s not close. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Maybe we just aren’t anywhere near as good as we’ve been the past few years. It’s difficult to be “innovative” when there isn’t any time for the QB to do anything. 

Last night was a product of no one on the field ever having a vital workload. Cousino has never had the workload he did last night. He was the primary ball carrier. Just give them a little time.

I agree! I just don't think he can hold up playing defense also. 

2 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

For the most part it is the wing T but in shotgun. Maybe you are saying it would benefit the team to move to under center?

Yes under center with more base wing T plays, where the lineman don’t have to hold blocks for longer than 3 seconds or so, it takes more time out of the gun for the plays to develope

13 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It will never happen… Coach Webster was one of the first coaches to implement the spread offense in 1A/2A and my bet is that he will ride it out.

With that being said, they have to find some way to loosen the defense up with passing. 

I know their line is struggling, but was curious why we didn’t try more quick slants last night?

I’m not going to beat on Webster here, but he has got to find a way to keep Cousino healthy and running him every other play isn’t going to work.

One thing I noticed last night is that we were not able to spread the field with screens like we have in years past. Gordy realized we don’t have anyone who can go over the top and make a play so they pressed and stopped everything short. 

I was thinking the same thing because Cousino threw the slant great last year. But with us not having a deep threat it really limits what we can do in the short game and in general.

7 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Yes under center with more base wing T plays, where the lineman don’t have to hold blocks for longer than 3 seconds or so, it takes more time out of the gun for the plays to develope

I agree that going under center could be beneficial for this team. What we have ran the past two weeks is fairly similar to the wing T and It could allow for more misdirection if we went to under center. 

I am just worried about how that would limit our RPO game.

I also meant to add that it is very difficult to run the wing T when you don’t have any wings. They struggled to block all night. This team is young and doesn’t have the skill to run the spread or the line to run the wing T.

It could be a long long year.

Edited by PiddyDaFull