Betsy Vs Rhea Co

TinCanBetsyFan

14 minutes ago, Tab said:

Elizabethton should not want 2 weeks after playing just 1 game. Having an off week in the middle of the year is good and if you have your toughest game after your off week even better. You need to play with Elizabethton just playing 9 games that can be a different post all together they need a game.  Listen to wxsm640  24 teams in 24 days and go to Dobyns Bennett and listen to their coach and what he says about Elizabethton schedule.

And DBs cooach just likes to run his mouth.

Would love to see Elizabethton come over on our side of the Roan and play Mitchell, but I doubt either side will budge on giving up a home game. Mitchell is just a little ol 1a school with around 475 kids but we have only lost 6 regular season games in the last 7 years and have played in the state semifinals 4 times and the state championship once. Elizabethton would most definitely have more talent but Mitchell would give them a fight. Mitchell should have beat eventual state champ East Surry two seasons ago if not for a blown call who had d1 talent all over the field including Isaac Washington who was a 4 star at the time that went to UT as well as several other highly rated receivers and qb. I say that just to say that Mitchell is no stranger to playing teams with superior talent.  I do know the two sides have talked but that's probably as far as it goes, if so good luck to the cyclones the rest of the way. I actually adopted Betsy as my team last year when we didn't have football in NC in the fall and came and watched the Greeneville game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mitchaneers said:

Would love to see Elizabethton come over on our side of the Roan and play Mitchell, but I doubt either side will budge on giving up a home game. Mitchell is just a little ol 1a school with around 475 kids but we have only lost 6 regular season games in the last 7 years and have played in the state semifinals 4 times and the state championship once. Elizabethton would most definitely have more talent but Mitchell would give them a fight. Mitchell should have beat eventual state champ East Surry two seasons ago if not for a blown call who had d1 talent all over the field including Isaac Washington who was a 4 star at the time that went to UT as well as several other highly rated receivers and qb. I say that just to say that Mitchell is no stranger to playing teams with superior talent.  I do know the two sides have talked but that's probably as far as it goes, if so good luck to the cyclones the rest of the way. I actually adopted Betsy as my team last year when we didn't have football in NC in the fall and came and watched the Greeneville game.

That would be nice if it could happen. It would give EHS their 10th game and shut up the overrated DB coach. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mitchaneers said:

Would love to see us play and who knows maybe they can make it work out some way.