Riverdale @the Inferno

Blaze45

This week promises to be a big test for Blackman Blaze as top 10 Riverdale comes into the inferno ready to douse the Blaze offense. It will be interesting to see if Riverdale is physically ready to cover 70 pass plays. While they have a good QB with Holcombe, do they have any depth there? . Can Blackman stop their running back by committee all while keeping Their pass game in check. By Far Blackmans biggest test and toughest game to date. Interested in seeing  who steps up and how this shakes out.... Early predictions? Where is this game lost or won?

I think the key to the game is Blackman’s passing attack vs Riverdale’s defense. They have some dudes on that defense. I remember watching Coach Tygard’s offense at Ravenwood. He can dial some stuff up and make people work. I bet with that extra week of prep they ended up, he’s going to have something ready for Riverdale that they didn’t show against Brentwood. 

Right now, I lean Riverdale in a tight one. That extra game and experience helps them with being in better game shape then Blackman. They win a tight one. I’m probably going to this one and looking forward to it. 

4 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

This week promises to be a big test for Blackman Blaze as top 10 Riverdale comes into the inferno ready to douse the Blaze offense. It will be interesting to see if Riverdale is physically ready to cover 70 pass plays. While they have a good QB with Holcombe, do they have any depth there? . Can Blackman stop their running back by committee all while keeping Their pass game in check. By Far Blackmans biggest test and toughest game to date. Interested in seeing  who steps up and how this shakes out.... Early predictions? Where is this game lost or won?

B45, I tried talking myself into picking Blackman, I really did. Riverdale is just better where it counts, in the trenches. Riverdale by 10

14 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I think the key to the game is Blackman’s passing attack vs Riverdale’s defense. They have some dudes on that defense. I remember watching Coach Tygard’s offense at Ravenwood. He can dial some stuff up and make people work. I bet with that extra week of prep they ended up, he’s going to have something ready for Riverdale that they didn’t show against Brentwood. 

Right now, I lean Riverdale in a tight one. That extra game and experience helps them with being in better game shape then Blackman. They win a tight one. I’m probably going to this one and looking forward to it. 

You may be right... I did see a Riverdale that looked winded at some positions against a Rossview team that did not run a hurry up offense. I will be curious to see if Riverdale is conditioned to go fast for 4 qtrs.

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

B45, I tried talking myself into picking Blackman, I really did. Riverdale is just better where it counts, in the trenches. Riverdale by 10

That's ok... Its gonna be tough one for sure... but I don't think anybody gave them a punchers chance against Bentwood... I think where it can a toss up in the trenches is the ability to go fast and hard 95 -100  plays a game 

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

That's ok... Its gonna be tough one for sure... but I don't think anybody gave them a punchers chance against Bentwood... I think where it can a toss up in the trenches is the ability to go fast and hard 95 -100  plays a game 

If Blackman can dictate the tempo and get stops. Always the risk you take with that offense is your just as likely to wear out your own defense rather than the opposition, even if you are well conditioned. 

13 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If Blackman can dictate the tempo and get stops. Always the risk you take with that offense is your just as likely to wear out your own defense rather than the opposition, even if you are well conditioned. 

Good Point...But the defense has been going against this uptempo offense in practice... they use go route and run 70-80 plays per practice... where typical scout defense has to go back to huddle and look at a clipboard to know what the assigment is  and runs 40 that's a lot...on either side of the ball . I like my Blaze by 2 scores in an upset. I did not see a defense last night that will have the stamina to go fast for extended period's..I also saw a kicking game that could have trouble (that has been an issue for the Warriors for a few years. )

Edited by Blaze45

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Good Point...But the defense has been going against this uptempo offense in practice... they use go rout and run 70-80 plays per practice... thats alot...on either side of the ball  

True, but what happens when Riverdale has a 10-15 play scoring drive and then Blackman goes 3&out? That's the risk you take when your facing a team that can grind it out like Riverdale. That conditioning has it's limits. This probably needs to be a game where Tygard steals a possession. He's certainly not shy about going for it

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

True, but what happens when Riverdale has a 10-15 play scoring drive and then Blackman goes 3&out? That's the risk you take when your facing a team that can grind it out like Riverdale. That conditioning has it's limits. This probably needs to be a game where Tygard steals a possession. He's certainly not shy about going for it

He is not bashful at all ..I watched him punt on 4th down once or twice in the Brentwod game the other 15-18  times he was going ....

Going to be a good game that will be predicated by defense on both sides.  Can Blackman defense stop the Warrior’s offense?  Can the Warrior defense slow down Blackman’s offense?  Blackman has not played a physical defense like Riverdale’s so far. This game will be a measuring stick to see if Blackman’s up tempo offense can actually compete with a physical smash mouth football team. 

Edited by TomLHS

Going to be a good game that will be predicated by defense on both sides.  Can Blackman defense stop the Warrior’s offense?  Can the Warrior defense slow down Blackman’s offense?  Blackman has not played a physical defense like Riverdale” so far. This game will be a measuring stick to see if Blackman’s up tempo offense can actually compete with a physical smash mouth football team.