McKenzie at South Fulton

VOLnWTN

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Rebs name the score. Who do you think pulls the 3 and 4 seed from this region?

Honestly, it’s a toss up to me.  I think obviously, McKenzie Dresden 1-2.  McEwen 3? Bruceton 4? Maybe Gleason? It’s really a toss up.  This region is weak as water outside of us and Dresden.  And if our defense doesn’t mature by the Dresden game, that game could be a high scoring shootout. 

17 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Idk man. Gleasons starters are better imo. Depth is the concern though. 

I could easily flip them.  Gleason does have a decent group of seniors.  It is just so hard.  I like Lampkins.  Always have.  I think he may have excelled at a bigger school with more of a selection of athletes.  It’s cool though he hasn’t bolted for more $ and is loyal to his alma mater. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I could easily flip them.  Gleason does have a decent group of seniors.  It is just so hard.  I like Lampkins.  Always have.  I think he may have excelled at a bigger school with more of a selection of athletes.  It’s cool though he hasn’t bolted for more $ and is loyal to his alma mater. 

We think the same there. Lampkins could easily go to a larger school even still in 1A and be a playoff team year after year. His teams are always so dang disciplined and he develops those Gleason boys well. It is cool he hasn't left Gleason in the dust because I think if he did they wouldn't have a football program for long after. 

11 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Honestly, it’s a toss up to me.  I think obviously, McKenzie Dresden 1-2.  McEwen 3? Bruceton 4? Maybe Gleason? It’s really a toss up.  This region is weak as water outside of us and Dresden.  And if our defense doesn’t mature by the Dresden game, that game could be a high scoring shootout. 

I think McEwen will be in the mix. Probably more physical than Bruceton and Gleason.

Edited by Waker

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Glad to see Mckenzie back at it.  I’ve tried researching this region, and I agree with y’all.  It’s weak but I’ve seen crazy things happen before.  Especially this season and last with Covid.  Good luck to everyone.  I just hope we all get to play.  

It is really true.  The team you had out there last week may not be out there the next week. And in some of these smaller schools, two or three players is a difference between a win or a loss.