Bearden travels to Hardin Valley

PostingGawd39

Two 6A West Knox schools who have struggled lately. Bearden coming off a massive win at Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge has multiple D1 guys on offense and were held under 300 yards of total offense. That defense has only given up 2 legitimate touchdown drives in 8 quarters against 2 top 5 5A teams in the state. HVA losing to Karns and Morristown West is a bit shocking. HVA was a combined 9-0 against those two schools in the past...

Bearden offense has to get going though. In 16 combined quarters of football, these two offenses have scored 5 touchdowns.  I'd put the over/under at 29.5! Should be a barn burner!

I got my wife to agree to come to this game with me this week, I was going to the Red Bank/Ooltewah game last week but it got cancelled do the Vid I believe. Bearden is riding high from the win over Oak Ridge. HVA is circling the drain, from other threads I seen that Bearden's offense is struggling but HVA's program is struggling. I could see this being a very low scoring ordeal. 7-3 or 9-0 could be very likely.

I mean…HVA just has nothing much going for them right now. It’s unfortunate because they are a big school, they have athletes - maybe not as many playing football as some other schools, but some nice players- and the right ingredients but it’s just not coming together for them. Bearden in a fairly lopsided game, in my opinion. 

No excuse for Hardin Valley not to at least be competitive. It's  the 2nd largest school in Knox County. Sheer number should put them in a position to be able to compete at a much higher level than they are now. 

Don't see how a change won't be made in coaching at season's end. 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

No excuse for Hardin Valley not to at least be competitive. It's  the 2nd largest school in Knox County. Sheer number should put them in a position to be able to compete at a much higher level than they are now. 

Don't see how a change won't be made in coaching at season's end. 

I think it runs even deeper than just that tho. I feel like it’s a whole culture problem within the program and was kinda there with the previous coach and got way worse. They have athletes. They are good in other sports. I think they need someone who is able to breathe new life and excitement —find some things for the kids to buy into.

13 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

I think it runs even deeper than just that tho. I feel like it’s a whole culture problem within the program and was kinda there with the previous coach and got way worse. They have athletes. They are good in other sports. I think they need someone who is able to breathe new life and excitement —find some things for the kids to buy into.

This may be an exaggeration, but there is a "Karns" feel to the HVA program right now which is a shame because there is so much growth in that part of the county right now. I'm not sure if that is a fair assessment, and a number of kids that would have attended Karns years ago are now zoned for HVA, but I have a tough time shaking that comparison.

42 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

This may be an exaggeration, but there is a "Karns" feel to the HVA program right now which is a shame because there is so much growth in that part of the county right now. I'm not sure if that is a fair assessment, and a number of kids that would have attended Karns years ago are now zoned for HVA, but I have a tough time shaking that comparison.

Yeah as far as football, i would agree. At the same time, I feel like karns is another program that someone could go in and turn around.