Hampton vs Avery

Tootie

Well I’ll get this thing started. Just hope we get to get it in.  Saw a lot of things I liked against pigeon forge and some things that’ll need work. Hope to see the week 1 to week 3 improvements.  I’ll defer to pujo and some of the landers on Avery. Don’t know much about this years team. I know they usually like to sling it but have a little trouble in the trenches. 

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

We'll just proceed with caution and see what happens.  Know exactly what we need to do, now we just have to do it.  hope no one has the Covids and we can play. Think we have a good game plan.

With a 1st year QB and new WRs plus a Freshman starting on the OL for Avery might make for a long night. Now the RB is a good ball player and a great kicker. The Andrews kid for Avery might be the toughest kid on the field. He will be going for his 4th state championship in wrestling this year. Think he is committed to a D1 school in wrestling. I don’t know if you saw that Ethan Shell committed to App St to wrestle.

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

With a 1st year QB and new WRs plus a Freshman starting on the OL for Avery might make for a long night. Now the RB is a good ball player and a great kicker. The Andrews kid for Avery might be the toughest kid on the field. He will be going for his 4th state championship in wrestling this year. Think he is committed to a D1 school in wrestling. I don’t know if you saw that Ethan Shell committed to App St to wrestle.

Great wrestling team, I know most of these kids pretty well.  Was around them a lot back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Well I’ll get this thing started. Just hope we get to get it in.  Saw a lot of things I liked against pigeon forge and some things that’ll need work. Hope to see the week 1 to week 3 improvements.  I’ll defer to pujo and some of the landers on Avery. Don’t know much about this years team. I know they usually like to sling it but have a little trouble in the trenches. 

Another finesse football team with good athletes but no one who would sacrifice any skin.  I'd say they are better than unaka but programs like this kill me cause they would be championship caliber if they'd just hit somebody! 

4 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Another finesse football team with good athletes but no one who would sacrifice any skin.  I'd say they are better than unaka but programs like this kill me cause they would be championship caliber if they'd just hit somebody! 

A lot better than Unaka. Not sure about the teams Avery has played but I'd say Hampton will be the most physical team they've seen.  Hampton is a lot like Mitchell, just a different offence. 

I really expected Avery to be better than what they've shown so far. They've got some players but they just can't ever seem to put together a solid line over the last decade. The Cherryville loss was a bad loss for them, they are typically a very soft team and they handled Avery pretty easily, from what I was told Avery really struggled to defend the pass and with their athleticism. I figured the Cherokee game would be a toss up but Cherokee pretty much controlled that game as well. I think Hampton wins pretty easily but I don't think it will be a running clock. Giarusso is one of the better running backs you'll see and the sophomore qb is going to be a good one but don't have a lot of weapons to throw to this year like they did last year. A couple of pieces on the line are very good but it won't be good as a whole. All in all there will just be too many weak spots for Avery to win this game, but I wouldn't be shocked to see their offense score a few times on Hampton, I just don't see them stopping Hampton's running game much at all.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mitchaneers said:

I really expected Avery to be better than what they've shown so far. They've got some players but they just can't ever seem to put together a solid line over the last decade. The Cherryville loss was a bad loss for them, they are typically a very soft team and they handled Avery pretty easily, from what I was told Avery really struggled to defend the pass and with their athleticism. I figured the Cherokee game would be a toss up but Cherokee pretty much controlled that game as well. I think Hampton wins pretty easily but I don't think it will be a running clock. Giarusso is one of the better running backs you'll see and the sophomore qb is going to be a good one but don't have a lot of weapons to throw to this year like they did last year. A couple of pieces on the line are very good but it won't be good as a whole. All in all there will just be too many weak spots for Avery to win this game, but I wouldn't be shocked to see their offense score a few times on Hampton, I just don't see them stopping Hampton's running game much at all.

Great post, looks like you do your homework. Good luck at Tagawa this week.