DeKalb @ H20

biggest

5 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

New to the boards here.  So, whats going on at WHS football?  Coaching some say (but some of the coaching posts/references seem to come from disgruntle people-probably their kid is standing on the sidelines; or they had a player in the past that had limited PT) Either way...from what I hear Defense is still pretty darn good.  Lets hear from some people with a football IQ, not a Saturday morning Quarter Back Club member.  Lets hear what you have to say.  Of course keep it clean...not looking to insult, but, I will have an investment in this program in about 3 years and would like to investigate.    

Never to early to investigate.

Quarterfinal team 3 years in a row is a great resume really in itself. Talent and coaching for them gor them there. Not many teams can match that besides Trousdale, Meigs, Peabody, and Waverly the last 3 years in 2A. Maybe Riverside, I'm not sure. But given the talent H20 has the coaching to make a good football run. I'm afraid though from what I've heard from their faithful this probably won't be the 4th year in a row.

5 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Quarterfinal team 3 years in a row is a great resume really in itself. Talent and coaching for them gor them there. Not many teams can match that besides Trousdale, Meigs, Peabody, and Waverly the last 3 years in 2A. Maybe Riverside, I'm not sure. But given the talent H20 has the coaching to make a good football run. I'm afraid though from what I've heard from their faithful this probably won't be the 4th year in a row.

I have researched this Watertown program and it does seem the talent has raised the bar, with experienced coaching to accomodate.  Seems like success followed the new school/campus being erected.  GREAT for a small community for sure.  The rezoning I see really encompasses most of the eastern and south east parts of the county, which of course is mostly rural, but hey, Trousdale county I believe is the smallest county in the state.  My overall concern isnt can you reload every year, because well your fighting against what you are handed in the way of enrollment.  I really appreciate the open opinions that are more football related, instead of "we are not doing as well this season, so lets find an excuse" and  "lets point a finger" at a coach(s) or player(s).  You play with what you have simple as that.  Disclaimer:  Have to player develop yearly, cant sit on your hands.       

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MakingSense2u said:

I have researched this Watertown program and it does seem the talent has raised the bar, with experienced coaching to accomodate.  Seems like success followed the new school/campus being erected.  GREAT for a small community for sure.  The rezoning I see really encompasses most of the eastern and south east parts of the county, which of course is mostly rural, but hey, Trousdale county I believe is the smallest county in the state.  My overall concern isnt can you reload every year, because well your fighting against what you are handed in the way of enrollment.  I really appreciate the open opinions that are more football related, instead of "we are not doing as well this season, so lets find an excuse" and  "lets point a finger" at a coach(s) or player(s).  You play with what you have simple as that.  Disclaimer:  Have to player develop yearly, cant sit on your hands.       

I'm outside looking in myself as I've not seen them take a snap. But from what I've read and just witnessed on wins and losses they are just about  as good a team as any out there given equal talent. 

I don’t have kids on the team, nor have I watched a practice or seen a Jr High game played in years,  so other than being a fan and graduating there yrs ago I have no ties to the program.

The truth of the matter is that we are just not as talented as we’ve been in 5 or 6 yrs! It was obvious from the first snap of the jamboree!

It’s not coaching, though I don’t always agree with Coach Webster calls, he has assembled a great staff and the kids seem to love playing for him.

His longevity alone speaks volumes ( 16 yrs I believe) I remember in the late 90’s we had 4 coaches in a 4 yr period.

As for the difference of let’s say TC and  H2O… We are  excelling at almost every athletic event there is now. ( not just football)   these days and the community comes out and supports them like no other community I know!

This yr will more than likely end sooner than the last 4 or 5 have, but as long they keep fighting / getting better then we’ll be okay!

Note: I have no doubt the future still looks bright in Watertown!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t have kids on the team, nor have I watched a practice or seen a Jr High game played in years,  so other than being a fan and graduating there yrs ago I have no ties to the program.

The truth of the matter is that we are just not as talented as we’ve been in 5 or 6 yrs! It was obvious from the first snap of the jamboree!

It’s not coaching, though I don’t always agree with Coach Webster calls, he has assembled a great staff and the kids seem to love playing for him.

His longevity alone speaks volumes ( 16 yrs I believe) I remember in the late 90’s we had 4 coaches in a 4 yr period.

As for the difference of let’s say TC and  H2O… We are  excelling at almost every athletic event there is now. ( not just football)   these days and the community comes out and supports them like no other community I know!

This yr will more than likely end sooner than the last 4 or 5 have, but as long they keep fighting / getting better then we’ll be okay!

Note: I have no doubt the future still looks bright in Watertown!!

Great point H2Oman, I had the opportunity to stop in back last spring, during baseball season.  The campus was absolulty packed.  From what I gathered, it was a day when basically all spring sports were slated for home play.  Very impressive on how all the fans were packed in from baseball to track.  It did show me how supportive the Watertown community is.  Talked with an older gentlemen who was watching the baseball game, asked him if he had a player on the Watertown team (he was wearing a Purple Tigers shirt)  kind of give it away.  He just nodded NO and said he just likes to come up and support what ever program is playing, but he did like baseball more.  It is easy to see why Watertown is excelling in ALL SPORTS, from the way the campus is kept up and how the community backs their home town sports/teams. 

Might get mauled, but I will say it anyways, Im excited to see how the football team responds as the season matures.        

44 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Great point H2Oman, I had the opportunity to stop in back last spring, during baseball season.  The campus was absolulty packed.  From what I gathered, it was a day when basically all spring sports were slated for home play.  Very impressive on how all the fans were packed in from baseball to track.  It did show me how supportive the Watertown community is.  Talked with an older gentlemen who was watching the baseball game, asked him if he had a player on the Watertown team (he was wearing a Purple Tigers shirt)  kind of give it away.  He just nodded NO and said he just likes to come up and support what ever program is playing, but he did like baseball more.  It is easy to see why Watertown is excelling in ALL SPORTS, from the way the campus is kept up and how the community backs their home town sports/teams. 

Might get mauled, but I will say it anyways, Im excited to see how the football team responds as the season matures.        

I'm looking forward to how they  respond also! They are a botched punt handle and a blown coverage(by a young player) away from being 2-1. I think we all got accustom to beating folks 40 pts other than Tc. Everyone talks about the big 3 we lost last year, but the team was sr heavy on role players also. Look forward to have you come aboard shortly 

5 hours ago, PiddyDaFull said:

We switched in some new lineman this week and swapped our receivers hoping it would make a spark and it didn’t. We completely went away from the offense we were running during weeks 1-2. The defense is still playing outstanding and that is going to keep us in games until Cousino and the wrs can find any kind of connection.

Should see improvement  from week to week... i just sit back and watch.    Webster is getting back in his element .