Sweetwater at Bledsoe County

Bledsoebtheboys

On 9/9/2021 at 3:41 PM, Yeti said:

Haha, you'd have to ask them. They talk big until you play them from our perspective. May have something to do with their coach being a coach at Meigs at one time. But they are quite a distance from the 93 team I'll say that.

I lived over there for a little while in the early 80s. I just know all my buddies pick on SW for chasing those Ghosts, when all the money people have seemed to move out.

Typical small town USA, i guess. At least we are fortunate enough at TC, to still compete to win one most every year.

3 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

I lived over there for a little while in the early 80s. I just know all my buddies pick on SW for chasing those Ghosts, when all the money people have seemed to move out.

Typical small town USA, i guess. At least we are fortunate enough at TC, to still compete to win one most every year.

Very hard to be as good as you all seem to be every year especially with a fairly recent coaching change. Just shows what you have going on behind the scenes as far as support is concerned. Meigs is there as well now I believe. We may not every year make it to the title game, but our kids won't ever know it till they get beat on some random Friday in the playoffs. It's a great competitive mentality to have. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Very hard to be as good as you all seem to be every year especially with a fairly recent coaching change. Just shows what you have going on behind the scenes as far as support is concerned. Meigs is there as well now I believe. We may not every year make it to the title game, but our kids won't ever know it till they get beat on some random Friday in the playoffs. It's a great competitive mentality to have. 

They’ve never really changed coaches… it’s been the Clint Sattercield show for years and still is!

As far as support, Hartsville is a football town and I will have to say… they support their honey bees!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

They’ve never really changed coaches… it’s been the Clint Sattercield show for years and still is!

As far as support, Hartsville is a football town and I will have to say… they support their honey bees!

Waggoner when he left was what I was referring too. But yeah, I'd imagine what you said is still just as relevant. It's great to have that kind of support. Not many teams have it.

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Waggoner when he left was what I was referring too. But yeah, I'd imagine what you said is still just as relevant. It's great to have that kind of support. Not many teams have it.

That’s one of the reasons Waggoner left no doubt!

As far as supporting a team… back in the day the city of Hartsville was closed on football Fridays. 

Do they have a bunch of over zealous fans they do, but all in all it would’ve been a great town to grow up and play football in!