AC Mavericks on road Again against Rhea County Golden Eagles

Mavericksinflight

27 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

lol man this keeps getting better and better. Love this 

good win Rhea county 

You got me in the corner this year Devilman. If by a miracle we play Greeneville can we agree to play only the first half...well I would just rather not play Greeneville and looks like Halloween will be fun this year too! :ugeek:

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Congratulations to Rhea Co. They actually manhandled our front D line. 

I am lost for words...We still are an undefeated team until the second half starts. That does give me hope and based on teams we played.

But there is no way around how our defense front line is not playing. I know we can do better and it has been a fun year but that maybe all it will be this year. We are young 90 something percent come back which is really good. But can Mav fans expect such a young team and depth to win it all...well that's the question. 

Congratulations to the Mavericks! If we have anything to prove next Friday we will see. For most part we played well. And announcers were saying we have a lot of talent and we do. 

Depth and endurance is hurting...

This Friday we will have to start winning the second half too!

The real season start now!

So AC is 4-0 in the first half?  I wish we could say the same.  We are 0-4 in the first half.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah so true lol...Wow I am worried that you guys will not beat CCHS...that would really hurt...I think you will but what if.

Honestly, that game is a toss up.  We will have to get better in a hurry to find another win.  You think I must be joking, but I'm not.  You would have to see it in person to believe it.  

Edited by oridgecat

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Honestly, that game is a toss up.  We will have to get better in a hurry to find another win.  You think I must be joking, but I'm not.  You would have to see it in person to believe it.  

How did OR get in such a mess that they are not say even competitive? It blows my mind. And based on last few games this year is not another year OR comes back and challenges teams in playoffs even if playoffs. Something is going on???

10 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

How did OR get in such a mess that they are not say even competitive? It blows my mind. And based on last few games this year is not another year OR comes back and challenges teams in playoffs even if playoffs. Something is going on???

We have been competitive.  We lost at home to a good SD team in the opener.  Lost again at home to a decent Bearden team for the first time since 1972. Beat an average Clinton team somehow,  even though we had more penalty yards than total offensive yards.  And lost again tonight to an 0-3 Farragut team that is average at best. We should be 3-1 after tonight.  I don't want to air our dirty laundry on here tonight.  But it's more about what we are not doing.  Winning on Friday nights starts in January in the weight room and carries on throughout the summer, it doesn't start in mid July.   But hey, I'm not in charge over there.  But I do know what I'm looking at and it's not good enough for Oak Ridge football. 

8 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

We have been competitive.  We lost at home to a good SD team in the opener.  Lost again at home to a decent Bearden team for the first time since 1972. Beat an average Clinton team somehow,  even though we had more penalty yards than total offensive yards.  And lost again tonight to an 0-3 Farragut team that is average at best. We should be 3-1 after tonight.  I don't want to air our dirty laundry on here tonight.  But it's more about what we are not doing.  Winning on Friday nights starts in January in the weight room and carries on throughout the summer, it doesn't start in mid July.   But hey, I'm not in charge over there.  But I do know what I'm looking at and it's not good enough for Oak Ridge football. 

I can feel your pain. While I feel your pain we AC have issues but on a different surface. We are young and our D line needs help. But I do see hope. I know no garbage but it is what it is.  I am not that comfortable yet believing SD is all that good and in our League beginning to wonder about Elizabethton. So that's my glimmering hope. I guess we have to let it play out and see if OR and AC adjust and get some momentum. OR has did it many times and AC has always been competitive. We shall see

Man what a game last night. Got a little worried when AC raced out to a 20-0 lead but the guys fought back chipped away at the score and then traded the lead. Then Kaleb fumbled going for extra yards to give AC one more shot and then redemption for Martin picking it off to put the game way. That was just two good teams battling last night. 

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Upvote 1

Very entertaining game Friday night. It certainly appeared that Coach Pemberton came in with a game plan to wear down the Mavs and never flinched even when the Eagles went down 20 - 0 early. The good for Rhea was this young Eagle offense played an excellent game with the exception of the fumble there at end when fighting for yardage. On the flip side the mostly veteran defense has got play better going forward. 

Of course AC is a smaller school and their depth really hurt as the game wore on but they are a very talented team and should do well in their region. Good luck to the Mavs going forward.