Dyersburg @ Munford

Trojan1988

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The final in this game was a lot closer than I expected. Either Munford has improved a lot since Covington beat them in week 1, or Dyersburg is not as powerful as I have been led to believe. I guess we will see when the Chargers travel to Dyersburg later in the season.

All about Match ups

30 minutes ago, Trojan1988 said:

#42 did not have any touches the 1st half. He made his presence known in the 2nd half though 

Munford kept 8 in the box all night long, daring Dyersburg to throw and we didn’t.  Defense was non existent in the first half.  Dyersburg simply tried to play power run football against 8 in the box with just the tailbacks.

But give Munford credit, they were a good team.  They had an impressive power rating score in Cal Preps and Sonny Moore, so no shame there.

The second half was a different story.  Dyersburg ran Darius Harris, the full back, and the 8 in the box could not slow him down.

Why Harris did not play in the first half is not known…..  

In the sports article this morning, Coach said they learned a lot……I wonder if that was when you play the power run game, against 8 in the box, you need run your tank some in the first half to soften up those 8 in the box?

Darius Harris is a beast…..

Edited by mg

1 hour ago, mg said:

Munford kept 8 in the box all night long, daring Dyersburg to throw and we didn’t.  Defense was non existent in the first half.  Dyersburg simply tried to play power run football against 8 in the box with just the tailbacks.

But give Munford credit, they were a good team.  They had an impressive power rating score in Cal Preps and Sonny Moore, so no shame there.

The second half was a different story.  Dyersburg ran Darius Harris, the full back, and the 8 in the box could not slow him down.

In the sports article this morning, Coach said they learned a lot……I wonder if that was when you play the power run game, against 8 in the box, you need run your tank some in the first half to soften up those 8 in the box?

He's one of the best in the area for sure. Reminds me of a quicker version of Jordan Branch. I'm just glad to see him back on the football field.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I think not playing for two weeks and everyone telling them how good they are  for two weeks was the main reason. There was a blatant late hit out of bounds in the third quarter that seemed to flip the switch on. They played like a different team after that.

I agree... Problem with the not playing for two weeks is, it is about to happen again right before the Covington game with the cancellation of the Trenton game. If we come out like we did at Munford against Covington they will beat the brakes off us. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, mg said:

Darius is a beast, but we must remember that this kid is coming back from a horrendous leg injury that not only threatened his football career but threatened his life. The coaches are going to use him sparingly for his health and well being as they should. The kid is not the same kid as he was 2 years ago and that's scary because he's still a really good player. I think it's amazing that he is on the field again doing what he is doing. 

1 hour ago, Dash said:

Darius is a beast, but we must remember that this kid is coming back from a horrendous leg injury that not only threatened his football career but threatened his life. The coaches are going to use him sparingly for his health and well being as they should. The kid is not the same kid as he was 2 years ago and that's scary because he's still a really good player. I think it's amazing that he is on the field again doing what he is doing. 

Glad to know that.  Definitely do not want to risk his health.