The Creek runs into the Inferno

CougarDadx2

12 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Monte Hale and Joyce got us picked to lose by 6-10 pts... I hope we double that in a win..

They are going to continue to get smoked every game if the players keep quitting during the game. Lack of effort on blocking and tackling. They literally get sealed and scored on tosses every game. And the offense getting behind the sticks does not help at all.

I don't believe that the players quit. If you run this type of offense then you must have a 2 deep rotation on defense that is solid. Defense was exhausted in the 3rd quarter. Never rotated in back ups.  Defense played played well in the first quarter when rested.  HC needs to recognize this and slow down when needed. Also, losing 3 onside kicks and not converting fourth downs put the Defense in a bad spot multiple times. 

2 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

I don't believe that the players quit. If you run this type of offense then you must have a 2 deep rotation on defense that is solid. Defense was exhausted in the 3rd quarter. Never rotated in back ups.  Defense played played well in the first quarter when rested.  HC needs to recognize this and slow down when needed. Also, losing 3 onside kicks and not converting fourth downs put the Defense in a bad spot multiple times. 

That also, I still think the youth factor is playing its part but some of the touchdowns I’ve seen given up is not fatigue it’s them not even trying. Hard to go into your depth when kids are acting up and not paying attention also

So here is the skinny... Blackman returned 3 players on either side of the ball that payed a down of varsity football prior to this year.  Couple that with 14 new coaches, and a pretty tough schedule, it was going to be a hard go of things this year regardless who was coaching. I have been in the building, seen the by in at the top down from administration,(how else would you explain the number of coaches that are inside the building. (on staff as teachers)  Realistically you have 2 years to see a vast improved Blackman team . I like everybody else want it right now. But after watching for 15 seasons I also knew this was not going to be a quick fix, even after the high hopes the Brentwood game set. They will win a few games this year and be ok by end of the year, and with the strength and conditioning being lead by Coach Beasley They will be a much stronger physical team come next year. For the folks who want to throw fits because the defense was "Put in a bad position " by not punting, Lets be honest ,.... they couldn't make stops when they needed to, or the other team would not have out scored them.  You want championship season... put in championship work and you'll be fine.  Anybody can support a team when they are winning, be a real fan. 

21 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

So here is the skinny... Blackman returned 3 players on either side of the ball that payed a down of varsity football prior to this year.  Couple that with 14 new coaches, and a pretty tough schedule, it was going to be a hard go of things this year regardless who was coaching. I have been in the building, seen the by in at the top down from administration,(how else would you explain the number of coaches that are inside the building. (on staff as teachers)  Realistically you have 2 years to see a vast improved Blackman team . I like everybody else want it right now. But after watching for 15 seasons I also knew this was not going to be a quick fix, even after the high hopes the Brentwood game set. They will win a few games this year and be ok by end of the year, and with the strength and conditioning being lead by Coach Beasley They will be a much stronger physical team come next year. For the folks who want to throw fits because the defense was "Put in a bad position " by not punting, Lets be honest ,.... they couldn't make stops when they needed to, or the other team would not have out scored them.  You want championship season... put in championship work and you'll be fine.  Anybody can support a team when they are winning, be a real fan. 

I personally loved when they had the weight room with the strobe lights etc.  Seemed like a great way to get stronger.