AC Mavericks visiting The defending State Champion Elizabethton Cyclones Week #6

Mavericksinflight

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You are still worshipping Greeneville...lol ...After taking a beating like that...haha...No we are not Betsy or Greeneville We are The Mavericks! Just trying to be transparent! Hope we all have a good game Friday. Maybe we will get some predictions soon... 

Just a quick reminder we don’t worship anybody but God in these parts and we aren’t glamouring about Greeneville.  Just being transparent lol.  You know what Betsy has that AC doesn’t??

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Just a quick reminder we don’t worship anybody but God in these parts and we aren’t glamouring about Greeneville.  Just being transparent lol.  You know what Betsy has that AC doesn’t??

BACK TO BACK 2 STATE TITLES having defeated the back to back 2 state titles Devils. REGION 1 back to back to back to back state titles. Enough said.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

This game should be a dandy. This will be a hard fought game but i think betsy will be up for the challenge as they have not forgotten AC took them out in the playoffs twice. The clones will be looking for sweet revenge. I say this one could go either way but i believe betsy finds a way to pull this one out in a close one. Best of luck to both squads and hoping for a injury free game.

Anderson County 

PF.   176   PA.   179

Game avg  PF 35.2   PA 35.8

Elizabethton

PF.   122  PA. 70

Game avg   PF 30.5    PA 17.5

AC has played five games and Betsy just four.  By the numbers thus far, the Mavericks are allowing more points per game than they are scoring.  I know the argument will be made that 60 of those came against Powell.  Where as the Cyclones are giving up  17.5 with 42 of those against Greeneville.  Before the seasons end, more will have similar scores against them by that Greene Machine of an offense!   If Betsy develops a more complete passing attack this could be a more favorable game for the Cyclones..

2 hours ago, VOLSOHARD18 said:

This game should be a dandy. This will be a hard fought game but i think betsy will be up for the challenge as they have not forgotten AC took them out in the playoffs twice. The clones will be looking for sweet revenge. I say this one could go either way but i believe betsy finds a way to pull this one out in a close one. Best of luck to both squads and hoping for a injury free game.

We have infact I have no history, but has Betsy ever beaten AC; like have they even played prior to both looses...you may know?

39 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Anderson County 

PF.   176   PA.   179

Game avg  PF 35.2   PA 35.8

Elizabethton

PF.   122  PA. 70

Game avg   PF 30.5    PA 17.5

AC has played five games and Betsy just four.  By the numbers thus far, the Mavericks are allowing more points per game than they are scoring.  I know the argument will be made that 60 of those came against Powell.  Where as the Cyclones are giving up  17.5 with 42 of those against Greeneville.  Before the seasons end, more will have similar scores against them by that Greene Machine of an offense!   If Betsy develops a more complete passing attack this could be a more favorable game for the Cyclones..

Good observation. 

This of course is a moral victory in my opinion for Betsy. The Mavs will more than likely use it to work on weakness for a possible playoff picture. I do think it will be a good game to see how well we can stop the QB. Greeneville runs a QB keeper alot so it may help there but Betsy runs QB in many ways. This will definitely be interesting game. Betsy will be dealing with a good run game in Mavs too so we both can come out of this with a win; win or lose.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This of course is a moral victory in my opinion for Betsy. The Mavs will more than likely use it to work on weakness for a possible playoff picture. I do think it will be a good game to see how well we can stop the QB. Greeneville runs a QB keeper alot so it may help there but Betsy runs QB in many ways. This will definitely be interesting game. Betsy will be dealing with a good run game in Mavs too so we both can come out of this with a win; win or lose.

Inflight, I agree both can learn from this game win or lose but, this years Devil team isn’t just fast. Their athletic! And they aren’t just athletic, they play VERY physical football. So let’s review shall we?  

Speed - check!

Athletic - check!

Physical - double check!

I have seen both AC and Greeneville play twice and my honest opinion is this. Greeneville is a complete team too to bottom.  I really don’t see them losing a game this year.  I do feel that the Mavericks have what it takes to beat Betsy this year.  To my knowledge, no, EHS has never beat AC. But AC has never beat Greeneville have they?  No disrespect to AC team but the Devils are just on another level.

4 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Inflight, I agree both can learn from this game win or lose but, this years Devil team isn’t just fast. Their athletic! And they aren’t just athletic, they play VERY physical football. So let’s review shall we?  

Speed - check!

Athletic - check!

Physical - double check!

I have seen both AC and Greeneville play twice and my honest opinion is this. Greeneville is a complete team too to bottom.  I really don’t see them losing a game this year.  I do feel that the Mavericks have what it takes to beat Betsy this year.  To my knowledge, no, EHS has never beat AC. But AC has never beat Greeneville have they?  No disrespect to AC team but the Devils are just on another level.

True AC has not beat Greeneville In Years... Greeneville probably is on a different level. But now that's why we play the Game right ..lol