AC Mavericks visiting The defending State Champion Elizabethton Cyclones Week #6

Mavericksinflight

Well I was able to see Cyclones games They have a well balanced skill set of players. It looks like they will play to the end so AC needs to settle in and get ready for 4 Quarters it will be a long night. Drank Gatorade on Thursday not a lot on Friday..lol water logged. Looks Like Beast mode Noe and Monster Moog will have a fun night. Perseverence and Endurance.

And here's my opinion view from an AC fan. AC defense coaching has seen this type  of offense many times. For a long time. offense they may do the hurry up offense for a while. WingT will be RB smash mouth football for a while. Then QB runs about 65% time. QB likes to hold that hand off read defense then keep most time and does well when keeping. Big play come are usually QB being chased for loss and gets away or throws to a back out of backfield .QB does option keeper too alot when in single back form Backs like to stutter up middle then jump to outside. And they will do this as Mavs middle front line defense is really good in my opinion.
QB will use option to the right and left but is (right handed QB) then keep it most time straight up field at full speed.
QB does try and pass he may have trouble throwing over taller AC linemen with hands up.

I will say if we control QB we should be celebrating again this Friday night. Chattanooga league teams use this offence alot however not as good as Elizabethton. Our secondary may come up with a couple of interceptions....Our offence will score points efficiently and methodically in this game. I would try the sweep like we did with Fox man Back in his days lol..but we need some speed on it. Need toThrow sure pass rout and our offensive line do well again take our time clock management, rest our players and play 4 quarters. South Doyle was A Great game but the Mavs can clean up some stuff and be greater We played 4 quarters at a really good South Doyle and if we do it Friday night we should do fine and it will be fun night for Mavs and We have the talent and speed when needed. I think we will see some of it Friday Night

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Well it seems that AC knows everything about Betsy and has seen everything before. Their “O” will be too much for us to handle. We won’t be able to score on their “D”.  They have too much speed and power for us to contain. So Mav, just tell the team to relax this week. Go ahead and mark a “W” and look at next weeks team. Our team is over rated. We have no receivers, no real running backs and as you’ve stated, you know everything our QB is going to do before he does it.   Guess we should just let the band take the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I think AC has the horses...........Mavericks to beat Besty this season. Should be a close game.

I agree.  I call ‘em like  it is.  This could be a very tough game. We know from film what they have so we have to play well defensively and keep a good tempo on offense.  Hopefully we have improved each week. People judging this years team by the Greeneville game may be in for a surprise. Just wish this game would’ve been last year or the year before! 

3 hours ago, gr8tplay said:

Well it seems that AC knows everything about Betsy and has seen everything before. Their “O” will be too much for us to handle. We won’t be able to score on their “D”.  They have too much speed and power for us to contain. So Mav, just tell the team to relax this week. Go ahead and mark a “W” and look at next weeks team. Our team is over rated. We have no receivers, no real running backs and as you’ve stated, you know everything our QB is going to do before he does it.   Guess we should just let the band take the field.

No this is unusual year for AC we played some really good team and we played away most of time. So I would think by process we would have gained some knowledge, grew up and last week we played a really good SD team. Fulton has a lot of speed too more than one person. And you QB has speed but we have seen this offence alot. After last week I have gained respect that I was loosing for Mavs. Our Defense is good. Elizabethton will be a good game. But I feel if we play like we are capable then we should be fine. You guys stopped Greeneville until you didn't.

12 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Your point?  So did Greeneville......

Well again they stopped Greeneville until they didn't. They allowed Greeneville to get in open field. The only way to stop speed is never let it out. And it's going to happen however once twice maybe three time with Greeneville point is here you have to have a fast strike offence then you just leave it on the table for 4 the quarter. I think Greeneville just got out too far and Betsy did not have a way to come back. It probably won't happen exactly like that when if you play again. But Daniel Boone was just messy game for both..

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No this is unusual year for AC we played some really good team and we played away most of time. So I would think by process we would have gained some knowledge, grew up and last week we played a really good SD team. Fulton has a lot of speed too more than one person. And you QB has speed but we have seen this offence alot. After last week I have gained respect that I was loosing for Mavs. Our Defense is good. Elizabethton will be a good game. But I feel if we play like we are capable then we should be fine. You guys stopped Greeneville until you didn't.

What are you even talking about Mavsinflight you stopped Greeneville until you didn't?  That makes no since at all and tells me you didn't watch the same game as everyone else.  Scoring 6,14,14,6 isn't stopping anyone.  Greeneville had 42 points with over 9 mins to go in the 4th.

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

What are you even talking about Mavsinflight you stopped Greeneville until you didn't?  That makes no since at all and tells me you didn't watch the same game as everyone else.  Scoring 6,14,14,6 isn't stopping anyone.  Greeneville had 42 points with over 9 mins to go in the 4th.

Did Greeneville punt at all? Or was that the second team if Greeneville punting?