Haywood vs. Melrose for Homecoming

reddyrebel6

12 hours ago, stacmot said:

At times this game became almost insufferable to watch.  It seemed like it was more of a contest between the referees as to who could throw the most flags.  Some of the flags were more than justifiable.  Melrose had at least 2, maybe 3, players ejected from the game. Haywood was more than guilty of a few infractions as well. Thank goodness the Tomcats persisted and got their 5th victory of the season.  Haywood 43 - Melrose 20.

Me being a Melrose fan game was called on the up and up. Some calls where missed on both sides. Congratulations Tomcats!

20 hours ago, Chargercats said:

Yea i remember now the post on the 19th! lol  Guess I didn't put it together that he was THE Cedrick Wilson!  lol oh well! Better late than never! 

I played against the Melrose team in 1997 season. Didn't get much PT but i remember the abundance of athletes they had! (I played for Covington BTW)

They were loaded that year! 

Our Tomcats will be fine tonight as long as they are focused!

What happened to the receiver yall had Anderson? Think he played baseball at Memphis. 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:23 PM, stacmot said:

I was just kidding.  Glad to know you are a former Charger.  I never lived or went to school in Covington, but I grew up between Brownsville and Covington, and my family did a lot of business in Covington.  I'm a Charger fan as well as a Tomcat fan.  I think that makes at least three of us who support both the Chargers and the Cats...you, @CHARGERFAN, and myself.  BTW, I played football at Haywood, but it was at an earlier time than 1997.

Even though I like the Chargers,  I'll be cheering for the Tomcats on Oct. 22 when Covington comes to town.

No worries! Yea i moved to Brownsville after my wife and I got married. She is from Brownsville. We really enjoy the Tomcat football!! My son, who is 9 now, really enjoys it!! He said he may wear both charger and tomcat gear on Oct 22! LOL. I enjoy when these two teams play! It's a win win for me! I am really hoping both represent the west in Chattanooga this year like they did in 2018!

1 hour ago, Chargercats said:

No worries! Yea i moved to Brownsville after my wife and I got married. She is from Brownsville. We really enjoy the Tomcat football!! My son, who is 9 now, really enjoys it!! He said he may wear both charger and tomcat gear on Oct 22! LOL. I enjoy when these two teams play! It's a win win for me! I am really hoping both represent the west in Chattanooga this year like they did in 2018!

Oh my!  A Covington guy done come over and stole a Brownsville gal.  Back in the 60s that would have got you in a fight behind the Stacmot (a drive up restaurant).  It would have been a little bit of the movie "Grease" right here in B'ville, TN. 

Is your son playing SYS football?  He should wear both Tomcat and Charger gear on the 22nd, he would look cool in his "house divided" attire.  

I also enjoy watching the Cats and Chargers play.  These kids today don't realize what a huge rivalry it used to be.  There's no doubt that I am looking forward to the 22nd, but we've got a long way to go before then.  We need to take things one game at a time.  I agree, it would be great if both teams could make it to Chattanooga, and I hope that happens!

Edited by stacmot

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Oh my!  A Covington guy done come over and stole a Brownsville gal.  Back in the 60s that would have got you in a fight behind the Stacmot (a drive up restaurant).  It would have been a little bit of the movie "Grease" right here in B'ville, TN. 

Is your son playing SYS football?  He should wear both Tomcat and Charger gear on the 22nd, he would look cool in his "house divided" attire.  

I also enjoy watching the Cats and Chargers play.  These kids today don't realize what a huge rivalry it used to be.  There's no doubt that I am looking forward to the 22nd, but we've got a long way to go before then.  We need to take things one game at a time.  I agree, it would be great if both teams could make it to Chattanooga, and I hope that happens!

LOL  She had to go to Tipton Co. to find "Quality"!!  JK!                    (more like the other way around)

Yes , 1 game at a time!! 

33 minutes ago, Chargercats said:

LOL  She had to go to Tipton Co. to find "Quality"!!  JK!                    (more like the other way around)

Yes , 1 game at a time!! 

I think you got it right the first time.  Us Haywood County guys can be a little rough around the edges.  Stay focused Tomcats.  One game at a time!