Fairview @ White House 3a R6

Swarm

59 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Maybe. We will see. Just never put anything past Hughes and Fairview. But at the end of the day, I really don’t care who wins. Just want Waverly to win out and get that #2 spot. However, wouldn’t mind a Fairview win, and us win out and beat Fairview for a possible 3 way tie in region. 

Three way tie would still be the same outcome if Fairview takes a loss and Waverly wins out if I’m not mistaken which is very likely lol. I don’t think this Fairview team is equipped with the fire power they usually have. I have seen Peabody in person and we are very similar to them believe it or not and I don’t think anybody else besides me and one other person has seen them and Waverly live. The way Westview man handle Fairview I just don’t see them making it a game. I do understand these are kids(young men) we are talking about so you never know. I’m just giving my educated opinion on this game and it’s no disrespect to Fairview but I think they will end up a #3 seed in the playoffs. I honestly can’t remember when that has happened. I bet it’s been a really long time since they have been seeded that low in the playoffs.

Edited by vandyfan1

31 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Three way tie would still be the same outcome if Fairview takes a loss and Waverly wins out if I’m not mistaken which is very likely lol. I don’t think this Fairview team is equipped with the fire power they usually have. I have seen Peabody in person and we are very similar to them believe it or not and I don’t think anybody else besides me and one other person has seen them and Waverly live. The way Westview man handle Fairview I just don’t see them making it a game. I do understand these are kids(young men) we are talking about so you never know. I’m just giving my educated opinion on this game and it’s no disrespect to Fairview but I think they will end up a #3 seed in the playoffs. I honestly can’t remember when that has happened. I bet it’s been a really long time since they have been seeded that low in the playoffs.

Yea a 3 way tie scenario would still put us at #2. White House would be 8-2 and we would be 8-1. So they would beat us on rule 2.

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):
1. The team with the greatest number of victories.
2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.
3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.
4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.
5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.
6. Coin Flip

I foresee

#1 White House 9-1

#2 Waverly 8-1

#3 Fairview 6-4

#4 WHH 5-5

But still pulling for Fairview :roflol:

Edited by Trollin

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think the world of Fairview I really do but they are out manned in this one!

Your in for a surprise vandy. WH may have Waverly spooked but we aren't buying any of it. I saw yalls game. Your defense was awful once WH became a passing threat. Your opinion is way too high of them because it's way too high of Waverly. We're going to play with and In my opinion beat both of you. I do think WH is pretty good but not good as Page or Westview. We could certainly lose from a bad game plan, turnovers, etc. But to say we are outmanned is either misinformed or ignorant. 

Also, to say Waverly is on a Peabody level is nuts. Sorry. How do you come up with that?? You're a decent team but Peabody would club you like a baby seal as usual. How did Waverly suddenly ascend to their level? :huh:

I love ya buddy but I have to strongly disagree with you on both of those ideas. 

10 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Your in for a surprise vandy. WH may have Waverly spooked but we aren't buying any of it. I saw yalls game. Your defense was awful once WH became a passing threat. Your opinion is way too high of them because it's way too high of Waverly. We're going to play with and In my opinion beat both of you. I do think WH is pretty good but not good as Page or Westview. We could certainly lose from a bad game plan, turnovers, etc. But to say we are outmanned is either misinformed or ignorant. 

Also, to say Waverly is on a Peabody level is nuts. Sorry. How do you come up with that?? You're a decent team but Peabody would club you like a baby seal as usual. How did Waverly suddenly ascend to their level? :huh:

I love ya buddy but I have to strongly disagree with you on both of those ideas. 

Wow!  You said some of what I was wanting to say, but full disclosure having my last kid going through Fairview right now I don't feel I can be objective!  LOL!   On the other hand, I wish I could have your confidence - but I am always nervous for those big games, even when I did not have kids playing!

One thing I can be objective about this team is their willingness not to give up!  Even in the Westview game, they still kept trying.  Nothing was working, but they were not walking around with their heads down.  I think that helps get them over the humps in these tough ballgames.

17 minutes ago, Swarm said:

WÓ defense is solid. I don't see Fairview outscoring WH Offense. WH has a lot of firepower with good weapons. WH defense held Waverly to only 14 points going into the 4th until they just played lack coverage. We will see. I think WH has the best offense and defense in the region

2 minutes ago, WHHSBDP123 said:

WÓ defense is solid. I don't see Fairview outscoring WH Offense. WH has a lot of firepower with good weapons. WH defense held Waverly to only 14 points going into the 4th until they just played lack coverage. We will see. I think WH has the best offense and defense in the region

I agree you have the best offense but I think we have the best defense. 

14 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

Wow!  You said some of what I was wanting to say, but full disclosure having my last kid going through Fairview right now I don't feel I can be objective!  LOL!   On the other hand, I wish I could have your confidence - but I am always nervous for those big games, even when I did not have kids playing!

One thing I can be objective about this team is their willingness not to give up!  Even in the Westview game, they still kept trying.  Nothing was working, but they were not walking around with their heads down.  I think that helps get them over the humps in these tough ballgames.

I think alot of folks discount us from looking at the scoreboard in the Westview game without watching the film. It was lopsided for sure but there were alot of things to draw from. For one, we held them to field goals a few times. Two, we gave up -14 in the first minute of the second half on a kick 6 and a pick 6. Lastly, Westview would obliterate every team in this region. They are elite. 

34 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I think alot of folks discount us from looking at the scoreboard in the Westview game without watching the film. It was lopsided for sure but there were alot of things to draw from. For one, we held them to field goals a few times. Two, we gave up -14 in the first minute of the second half on a kick 6 and a pick 6. Lastly, Westview would obliterate every team in this region. They are elite. 

Add the fact we were within 10 yards of the goal line - I think 3 times - and did not score either.  Good assessment of that game from you.

And what you said above - I think our defense is pretty stout too!

1 hour ago, WHHSBDP123 said:

Our pass defense is suspect.  Waverly’s drops kept them from scoring more than 14 points and Portland ran all over us.  I think we’re a really good team, but we’re not dominant.  We need to play lights out the rest of the way to win out.  I think this team could be special, but don’t ever get too comfortable, there’s a lot we can improve on.  Go BDP!