Knox Carter vs AC Thursday Night Rivalry

haweanbula

Knox Carter travels to AC for Thursday Night Rivalry. 

Knox Carter currently have only played one region game and beat Gibbs.

AC has played and won two region games against Fulton and South Doyle.

A win by carter puts them in the hunt for #1 in the region. A win by AC ensures they remain in the driving seat for #1 in the region. 

Carter is coming off a loss to Karns

AC is coming off a loss to Betsy.

ACs starting QB Martinez is out for the season as stated by 5 Star Preps article.

What are our predictions? 

Well from watching the Betsy game, I’d say you have to develop more of a passing game. Nothing earth shattering mind you. Just screens to the HB or short quick slants. Just enough to keep the LB’s off the line a little. You guys can move the football on the ground. Just need a few passes to help it along. If you can do that and control the ground game, you’ll be surprised at how much better your offense can be.  

3 hours ago, gr8tplay said:

Well from watching the Betsy game, I’d say you have to develop more of a passing game. Nothing earth shattering mind you. Just screens to the HB or short quick slants. Just enough to keep the LB’s off the line a little. You guys can move the football on the ground. Just need a few passes to help it along. If you can do that and control the ground game, you’ll be surprised at how much better your offense can be.  

I agree. Another thing is that Carter has no idea what AC will throw or not throw at them Thursday. I think it will be hard to prepare for the unknown. In that case I will say AC 27-13.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I think Carter will know what to expect. You had a week to be different without your starting QB against Betsy. Coach prepared for Betsy based on the abilities of the backup QB. It’s still the same QB. Heavy doses of Noe will be thrown at Carter. 
AC in a tight win unless they break down in the 4th quarter.

Fair enough and it makes more sense coming from someone whom has been there. AC has to change some things I feel. One is pass rush has to happen since Carter passes alot I believe. I am like you no don't about AC run pretty solid. Someone already said they need to find a way to get the pass going. This is a huge game for AC and in my opinion AC is really preparing and will be ready for this game. It's so hard for me to grasp we don't have the surgical precision pass attack (Great phrase lol). I firmly believe we will be pleasantly surprised with AC in this game. But I have been wrong before...many times..lol

20 hours ago, gr8tplay said:

I noticed that when AC came out in the 2nd half of Betsy they ran Wildcat and while not the traditional single wing set they basically loaded everybody inside and ran the ball. Im wondering if they are going to do the same and then create a passing game off of that.