Knox Carter vs AC Thursday Night Rivalry

haweanbula

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

I noticed that when AC came out in the 2nd half of Betsy they ran Wildcat and while not the traditional single wing set they basically loaded everybody inside and ran the ball. Im wondering if they are going to do the same and then create a passing game off of that.

I am hoping for the wishbone or run a good sweep.

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

I noticed that when AC came out in the 2nd half of Betsy they ran Wildcat and while not the traditional single wing set they basically loaded everybody inside and ran the ball. Im wondering if they are going to do the same and then create a passing game off of that.

Would be a great strategy. Ppl all round me during the Betsy game knew they had no plans on throwing the ball when in that set. Could cause great confusion if they can. Would make it very, very interesting. 

Edited by gr8tplay

56 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am hoping for the wishbone or run a good sweep.

It takes about 1 year to successfully implement the wishbone due to blocking and running angles, QB foot work  and absolute ball handling skills in the exchange.. The most important aspect is an extremely athletic QB who can make split second reads. Most wishbone and veer QB’s in these type of programs began practicing those skill sets as 7th graders in middle school that ran exactly what the high school ran. However there are exceptions and AC might be that 1 in a 100 team.

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

It takes about 1 year to successfully implement the wishbone due to blocking and running angles, QB foot work  and absolute ball handling skills in the exchange.. The most important aspect is an extremely athletic QB who can make split second reads. Most wishbone and veer QB’s in these type of programs began practicing those skill sets as 7th graders in middle school that ran exactly what the high school ran. However there are exceptions and AC might be that 1 in a 100 team.

Not sure AC would as you were saying. Unless they have worked on it over summer than that could be a desaster.