Betsy @ Volunteer

lawnman

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

I call it to be a close game and a HUGE CROWD in Church Hill. Prob the biggest game in Volunteer Football history right here. 

Go Falcons

Volunteer doesn't have the firepower to take down Elizabethton but I am nonetheless pulling for you guys.   I hate Elizabethton but I'm not sure why..... oh wait, could it be because we are 2-34 against them???

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Volunteer doesn't have the firepower to take down Elizabethton but I am nonetheless pulling for you guys.   I hate Elizabethton but I'm not sure why..... oh wait, could it be because we are 2-34 against them???

Blazer little db has had chances to beat Betsy but always find a way to get beat.

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Yes! That’s the reason! Those 2 wins will haunt you forever! You guys be like, (Jim Carrey voice) So you’re saying there’s a chance!? LOL

31 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Yes! That’s the reason! Those 2 wins will haunt you forever! You guys be like, (Jim Carrey voice) So you’re saying there’s a chance!? LOL

For the life of me I can't understand why we keep playing unwinnable games each year.    Doing so does absolutely NOTHING to make us better in the playoffs, the record bears that out.           Just once I would like to play a cupcake schedule and see what it's like to finish 8-2.   The playoffs are going to be the same regardless, so why not???

Biggest game in school history, they said.  Should be fun, they said.  Until it’s not.  Hey,  the stripes tried their best to make it closer but even they couldn’t stop it.  Good win.  Let’s rest up and get ready for Seymour and playoffs.  And if for some odd reason we pick up Hampton we will beat them like a drum.

Side note:  the QB for volunteer is tough as nails.  He got hit all night and continued to get up and throw the ball.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, blazer1set said:

For the life of me I can't understand why we keep playing unwinnable games each year.    Doing so does absolutely NOTHING to make us better in the playoffs, the record bears that out.           Just once I would like to play a cupcake schedule and see what it's like to finish 8-2.   The playoffs are going to be the same regardless, so why not???

At least the fans would be more interested. And maybe that winning feeling would spill over to the younger players, bubble players and bubble fans and start to turn it around. It begins with an attitude. It begins with confidence.