2A AP Poll 10/11

PurplePower68

Swap Westview and TC. And then swap Huntingdon and Riverside.

I won't put Westview at #1 since Meigs has been there, done that the last couple years, but that will be an intriguing game. That's my pick for state.

Huntingdon beat Riverside by multiple scores so it makes zero sense to have Riverside ranked ahead of us. I wouldn't put us any higher, though.

I don't know much about #8-10, so sure...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Swap Westview and TC. And then swap Huntingdon and Riverside.

I won't put Westview at #1 since Meigs has been there, done that the last couple years, but that will be an intriguing game. That's my pick for state.

Huntingdon beat Riverside by multiple scores so it makes zero sense to have Riverside ranked ahead of us. I wouldn't put us any higher, though.

I don't know much about #8-10, so sure...

It's like some of the Sports writers don't even look who has beaten who.  Huntingdon has already beaten Riverside like you said and South Greene beat Hampton at Hampton 2 weeks ago.  

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It's like some of the Sports writers don't even look who has beaten who.  Huntingdon has already beaten Riverside like you said and South Greene beat Hampton at Hampton 2 weeks ago.  

One of the many reasons I don't have much faith in polls. They're great for watercooler chat, CoachT banter. Other than that,  no so much.

Playoffs usually sort things out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Grunt said:

One of the many reasons I don't have much faith in polls. They're great for watercooler chat, CoachT banter. Other than that,  no so much.

Playoffs usually sort things out.

Polls are good for bragging a little and getting folks riled up a little too lol. On paper I would say it's a Westview vs Meigs final but you never know how teenagers will react on a Friday night. A lot of the teams I don't know anything about. The 1 team I do know about is Marion and I'm not sure we are #4. I think we are top 10 maybe. Our kids are steadily getting better each week and could be a hard out in the playoffs. Just gotta play to their potential and take each game one at a time.

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Polls are good for bragging a little and getting folks riled up a little too lol. On paper I would say it's a Westview vs Meigs final but you never know how teenagers will react on a Friday night. A lot of the teams I don't know anything about. The 1 team I do know about is Marion and I'm not sure we are #4. I think we are top 10 maybe. Our kids are steadily getting better each week and could be a hard out in the playoffs. Just gotta play to their potential and take each game one at a time.

You guys are a top 4 in my poll, 2ond or 3rd in my opinion.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

You guys are a top 4 in my poll, 2ond or 3rd in my opinion.

We appreciate that. A team's own fans can be their worst critics at times. There are things they need to improve on and there are things that they have improved on since week 1. If they can get it all clicking at the right time (and get everyone healthy) they could make some noise for sure. 

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We appreciate that. A team's own fans can be their worst critics at times. There are things they need to improve on and there are things that they have improved on since week 1. If they can get it all clicking at the right time (and get everyone healthy) they could make some noise for sure. 

You and Meigs will be an all out war,  may not even know who the better team is when its over. Best team don't always win these games. All you have to do is look at Trousdale and Watertown the last couple of years.  Its fixing to get real in a short few weeks. Several pretty good teams in the East, Think West view owns the West

11 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

That healthy deal is a big key, we've yet to put our best on the field, been missing 2 or 3 every week. If we can ever get um all healthy at once, we should be pretty tough.

21 minutes ago, pujo said:

You and Meigs will be an all out war,  may not even know who the better team is when its over. Best team don't always win these games. All you have to do is look at Trousdale and Watertown the last couple of years.  Its fixing to get real in a short few weeks. Several pretty good teams in the East, Think West view owns the West

It should be a great atmosphere. We just have to take care of business the next 2 weeks and Meigs has a tough one this week. Tyner is a good team that is big and speed everywhere. 

Westview should make it to Chattanooga and I'm not sure anyone in the east will be able to do much with them.