Tullahoma @ Lawrence County

TTownFan50

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

He just snapped off. It’s cool they feeling good after that win. We can tell who’s not use to winning tho…lol

Tullahoma has had 2 bad teams in the past 10-15 years. We are very use to doing well. This guy doesn’t speak for all of us. We know what you guys are capable of. Hopefully both teams are healthy and see each other again!!! 

First off thanks for the welcome @FBfan26! Second @FIREBIRD80 and @FBfan26 i thought @epanther was a PC fan and I may have misread Firebirds post about fans leaving at halftime. I give credit to PC for showing up the second half and you definitely have some talented kids. That number 7 is unreal, its always fun to see talent of that level step up for his team. With that being said I hope both teams are healthy as well as playing at a high level if the match up happens again. I feel as though we have as good a shot as anybody in the state to win it all if we play our game and stay focused and healthy. @FIREBIRD80 we have a winning tradition around here, definitely used to the W column. @BIGPURPLEMACHINE I read very well, i just have a life so I don't live on CoachT.  @VFLWildcat never tried to speak for anyone but myself. 

2 minutes ago, Fawhy said:

First off thanks for the welcome @FBfan26! Second @FIREBIRD80 and @FBfan26 i thought @epanther was a PC fan and I may have misread Firebirds post about fans leaving at halftime. I give credit to PC for showing up the second half and you definitely have some talented kids. That number 7 is unreal, its always fun to see talent of that level step up for his team. With that being said I hope both teams are healthy as well as playing at a high level if the match up happens again. I feel as though we have as good a shot as anybody in the state to win it all if we play our game and stay focused and healthy. @FIREBIRD80 we have a winning tradition around here, definitely used to the W column. @BIGPURPLEMACHINE I read very well, i just have a life so I don't live on CoachT.  @VFLWildcat never tried to speak for anyone but myself. 

The content of your first post suggests you don’t have a life. However the content of this post is much better. If you give grief you will get it in return. Keep that in mind. 

20 hours ago, VFLWildcat said:

Tullahoma has had 2 bad teams in the past 10-15 years. We are very use to doing well. This guy doesn’t speak for all of us. We know what you guys are capable of. Hopefully both teams are healthy and see each other again!!! 

4-6, 9-3, 6-5, 6-6, 5-6, 9-4, 8-3, 7-5, 5-6, 5-6, 0-10, 0-10, 5-5, 10-3, 7-4, 12-1

98-83

Last 16 years.

18 hours ago, epanther said:

4-6, 9-3, 6-5, 6-6, 5-6, 9-4, 8-3, 7-5, 5-6, 5-6, 0-10, 0-10, 5-5, 10-3, 7-4, 12-1

98-83

Last 16 years.

I guess bad teams are only 0-10?  Normally you only have 2 good teams in a region.  Then when you play teams like Coffee, Franklin, Lincoln they pad your 4-5 wins on those 5-5 teams from not being 2-8

1 hour ago, Sweetness1 said:

Crickets!!   So sure of those great teams year in and year out!  Only 2 bad years!!!

My threshold is a 0.500 year for a good team. In an extraordinary region 5-5 may be OK, but certainly considered a rebuilding year. A bad year is bottom of the barrel, 3-7 or worse.

I'm sure we all can agree most schools go through cycles of talent just with the students - add in cycles of the coaching staff and you get a stomach-turning run of bad years. That's where I lay much of the blame for the Coffee, Franklin, and Lincoln Co. programs you mentioned. Tullahoma has been fortunate in finding a solid coach for the past 29 years in Coach John Olive. 

With a win percentage of 60.9% out of 322 games played under his leadership at Tullahoma (196-126), the program has had a lot more good teams than bad.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FCbonecrusher said:

My threshold is a 0.500 year for a good team. In an extraordinary region 5-5 may be OK, but certainly considered a rebuilding year. A bad year is bottom of the barrel, 3-7 or worse.

I'm sure we all can agree most schools go through cycles of talent just with the students - add in cycles of the coaching staff and you get a stomach-turning run of bad years. That's where I lay much of the blame for the Coffee, Franklin, and Lincoln Co. programs you mentioned. Tullahoma has been fortunate in finding a solid coach for the past 29 years in Coach John Olive. 

With a win percentage of 60.9% out of 322 games played under his leadership at Tullahoma (196-126), the program has had a lot more good teams than bad.

This has nothing to do with The overall record of Tullahoma.  It has a lot to do with someone spouting off on (only two bad seasons)  Which is entirely wrong.  Tullahoma has reached the 3rd round of the playoffs TWO TIMES  and lost both of those games in Coach Olives time too.  That is it!!!!!  Choked last year with a poor game plan and trying to make players out of problems instead of using the full unit to win a game.  Same thing will happen this year.  

39 minutes ago, Sweetness1 said:

This has nothing to do with The overall record of Tullahoma.  It has a lot to do with someone spouting off on (only two bad seasons)  Which is entirely wrong.  Tullahoma has reached the 3rd round of the playoffs TWO TIMES  and lost both of those games in Coach Olives time too.  That is it!!!!!  Choked last year with a poor game plan and trying to make players out of problems instead of using the full unit to win a game.  Same thing will happen this year.  

@VFLWildcat seems to have a lower threshold for a "bad year" than most fans, and good for him - keep a positive attitude for the team you support. I'd hope you don't abandon your boys in hard times, then jump on the bandwagon for an up year.

I can tell you the 6-2 2018 third round loss was to a talented and determined Maplewood team - a well fought battle on the muddiest field I've seen in a long time against two evenly matched teams.

The 15-14 2020 3rd round loss to Nolensville was a night frought with miscues, mistakes, and a generally unprepared Tullahoma for both the players and coaches. The "problems" to whom you refer had matured by that point in the season to be "players."  Don't forget you're referring to kids here - kids that are learning to behave as men on the football field surrounded by the fishbowl of fans. I'm very proud of all our "problems" and the coaches who have encouraged them to behave as men through every down, every practice, every minute in the weight room.

And if you think "choking" is a Tullahoma tendency, I'll promise you the kids and coaching staff carried a lot of lessons away from that Nolensville loss which will not be repeated. That cut is still fresh and a lot of seniors on this team are eager to prove themselves worthy of being the deepest Tullahoma team to battle in the state playoffs. They'll stand toe to toe with anyone and give them a game.

Don't expect the past to dictate the future, especially for these boys.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FCbonecrusher said:

@VFLWildcat seems to have a lower threshold for a "bad year" than most fans, and good for him - keep a positive attitude for the team you support. I'd hope you don't abandon your boys in hard times, then jump on the bandwagon for an up year.

I can tell you the 6-2 2018 third round loss was to a talented and determined Maplewood team - a well fought battle on the muddiest field I've seen in a long time against two evenly matched teams.

The 15-14 2020 3rd round loss to Nolensville was a night frought with miscues, mistakes, and a generally unprepared Tullahoma for both the players and coaches. The "problems" to whom you refer had matured by that point in the season to be "players."  Don't forget you're referring to kids here - kids that are learning to behave as men on the football field surrounded by the fishbowl of fans. I'm very proud of all our "problems" and the coaches who have encouraged them to behave as men through every down, every practice, every minute in the weight room.

And if you think "choking" is a Tullahoma tendency, I'll promise you the kids and coaching staff carried a lot of lessons away from that Nolensville loss which will not be repeated. That cut is still fresh and a lot of seniors on this team are eager to prove themselves worthy of being the deepest Tullahoma team to battle in the state playoffs. They'll stand toe to toe with anyone and give them a game.

Don't expect the past to dictate the future, especially for these boys.

Well spoken FCBonecrusher.   From someone on the outside looking in, apparently, there's only a couple of you fans that have faith or the belief that this team can make it past the proverbial 3rd round.  I follow Tullahoma football because a friend is on that staff, and he thinks this team is better than last year's.  

Edited by hollowman
  • Thanks 1

@hollowman I'll have to agree with Coach - I think this year we have more combined talent than last with the depth to pull us through the little injuries that have slowed us down in seasons past.

Having been around a few programs with potential, these boys are all-in and they've got that one impossible to coach trait of being hungry - a lot of teams lose it as the year winds down, come to a sputter in the post season content to rest on their laurels. I see them gelling more and more as the season has progressed, becoming the cohesive unit they'll have to be to battle the best of the best. They've got the gas to make a real run of it and the guts to stand toe to toe with anyone on the field.

The fan base will get to see it first hand - and that spark lit up Wilkins Stadium just a couple weeks ago when one of the loudest crowds in recent memory cheered their boys on for a stellar defensive stand against Montgomery Central.  Week by week, game by game these boys will prove themselves. 

• Like 2