Jefferson County @ West Ridge Oct. 29

WestRidge

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a D-B fan, so it's hard to choose who I want to pull for here.  My heart says West Ridge, because I like you guys as well.  But my head says Jeff County because of the better playoff seeding.

In the end, it's not going to matter.  I could see R2 pulling a 4 game sweep over R1 in the first round.  Whatever the shortest road trip entails, is what I'm pulling for.  Most likely the Tribe will draw the short straw and wind up going to Bradley Central, which is the worst option.

As for the game, I was on the Ridge last night and will say it's going to take more than the run game to beat Jeff County.  That may work against a down Tennessee High team but won't against the Patriots. Also, will Bergeron be back for this game?  The answer to this question could make the difference in my prediction.

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

The winner of this game depends on the health of Jeff’s starting QB. If he is healthy, then Jeff wins. If he isn’t able to go or is limited severely, West Ridge wins

58 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

WR's starting QB may be out as well, so it should be even

Yes, Bergeron didn't play last night against Tennessee High.  The backup QB Riner did have 144 rushing yards last night in his own right though.  Bergeron has by far the better arm though when they choose to throw with him.

1st off, I can't believe next week is the end of the regular season. Reflecting a bit, I recall most thought that West Ridge would be lucky to win 2 games this year, yet here we are and the Wolves have a chance to go 8-2. I think the defense of WR gets overlooked. I think they have a good secondary and good line play. I agree that Bergeron seems to have the better arm. I've not even heard what type of injury he has....high ankle sprain? If Riner gets out in space he has the jets to take it all the way. Looking for a good game. Proud of the communities, kids, faculty etc that pulled together to hopefully build a strong foundation for future teams. GO WOLVES!

On 10/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, 1OldPatriot said:

After last nights performance from the backup QB, it may not matter. If he plays that well, JC will win. Is WR still running the wing T? That is a curveball for JC defense

MoWest seems to be one of those on-again/off-again teams, but they sure got curb-stomped by JC.     Initially I was going with WR in this one but it could go either way.          So let's update our score prediction to WR 23-20