Central @ West

madhatter2269

23 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

Brand new account chimes in and Slams West's coach.  I wonder who it could be?

Side note:  This new account has only made two comments so far.  One on the West thread, and one on the Oak Ridge thread.  This is a very puzzling mystery...

Edited by Knoxemdown

8 hours ago, RealNews865 said:

Lamar Brown hasn’t won a big game yet. He lost kids and coaches along with playing Political ball with that QB(Principal Son) along many other kids who shouldn’t be playing . Central beat them the last time they played and I see them beating them again only because of coaching. The HC at central has a state ring and knows how to beat west as well.  So bobcats +28 . 

There are a few games stick out to me as Lamar's big games. The win against Bearden in overtime in 2019, the two games against Powell in 2019 even though one was a loss were all great games with a lot on the line. The Powell game last year was a big win. Had the refs not interfered in the Oak Ridge quarterfinal they would have been back in the semis and given SD a run for their money at the very least.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Then why did you just say that West pulls away late just a few minutes ago?  I know I shouldn’t feed trolls - but you make almost every discussion on every board worthless.  You average 30 plus posts a day on everyone’s board but manage to say nothing.  

hey boyz

film czar smokin too many cubans

:roflol:

From my perch at West, West doesn't score many points per game as Central and gives up one to two points per game than Central does but Central has played one less game due to Covid which partly explains the point difference. Central has rattled off six straight wins and has played well both offensively and defensively. West has shown an ability to find ways to win this year even when they were behind. They played really well against Alcoa which I still maintain was a "good" loss. The Sevier and Halls games were tighter than they should have been on West part. If @dawgs82 is right and Central had starters out against Fulton that would change the context of common opponents. I really think we're in for a game similar to the 2019 semifinal matchup. Both teams have hard running offenses who are overshadowed by hard run stopping defenses.

9 hours ago, RealNews865 said:

Lamar Brown hasn’t won a big game yet. He lost kids and coaches along with playing Political ball with that QB(Principal Son) along many other kids who shouldn’t be playing . Central beat them the last time they played and I see them beating them again only because of coaching. The HC at central has a state ring and knows how to beat west as well.  So bobcats +28 . 

The QB has played well all year, who else would have played the position?

8 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

I like West in this one. They are usually stout when they are the home team. Great kids there and even better coaches.

This staff is one of the best kept secrets in East TN. Apparently added a coach this year that has made a world of difference in the W-L column, from what I have been told.