West Tn Rural Top 12 Week 11

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

My only issue(s) with the rankings is SGC being 4 spots behind USJ. This is just crazy to me. I know it has been a few season since USJ played Lausanne, but Lausanne smoked the Bruins.... 

Second, Peabody drops all the way to 8?

I think someone could make a case for Peabody to be higher especially since they beat Westview earlier in the season. But Westview has some good wins since then, namely over Huntingdung, who just smoked Peabody. I can say this with confidence. Peabody doesn’t beat any of the top 3. They can play with 4-7 and can beat them but in my opinion I would have to say 4-7 would be favored. Just my two cents. But hey this is what I do this poll for. To spark conversation about our area teams. 

16 minutes ago, Racerman22 said:

Gleason should be considered. 5-4 smallest public school in state with team. Show some love

I have several relatives in Tater Town. I am very happy for the season they are having. I hope they beat South Fulton and make the playoffs. Just don’t see them being able to beat any of the teams on this list. Just my opinion. 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, ManOfMillions said:

My only issue(s) with the rankings is SGC being 4 spots behind USJ. This is just crazy to me. I know it has been a few season since USJ played Lausanne, but Lausanne smoked the Bruins.... 

Second, Peabody drops all the way to 8?

Lausanne is a nice win for you guys but they are NOTHING compared to what those teams with Eric Gray were. Those Lausanne teams had a co-op agreement with a Memphis city school and had a 600+ student body to pull players from plus their own school. They were arguably a top 5-10 team in the state for a couple years. This year they're a middle of the pack DII-AA and will get blown out by CPA/LA in the playoffs. It's a good win for you guys but be realistic.

Really though once you get past the top 3 it wouldn't surprise me much if any of those teams beat another on any given night, more about the particular matchup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

Lausanne is a nice win for you guys but they are NOTHING compared to what those teams with Eric Gray were. Those Lausanne teams had a co-op agreement with a Memphis city school and had a 600+ student body to pull players from plus their own school. They were arguably a top 5-10 team in the state for a couple years. This year they're a middle of the pack DII-AA and will get blown out by CPA/LA in the playoffs. It's a good win for you guys but be realistic.

Really though once you get past the top 3 it wouldn't surprise me much if any of those teams beat another on any given night, more about the particular matchup.

Fair, Just looking at the past several years all I see is wins, after wins, after wins. They truly have a great program. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Fair, Just looking at the past several years all I see is wins, after wins, after wins. They truly have a great program. 

Those Lausanne teams  from 3-5 years ago were so loaded.  Lausanne has only been relevant in football for about 6 -7years. When USJ/Lausanne played 5 years ago I bet 20+ players on both teams ended up playing some college ball.  We have not played Lausanne in 3 years.  Using this logic we could question why we are behind McKenzie when we beat them last year.  Just like any poll it is good for debate.

58 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Those Lausanne teams  from 3-5 years ago were so loaded.  Lausanne has only been relevant in football for about 6 -7years. When USJ/Lausanne played 5 years ago I bet 20+ players on both teams ended up playing some college ball.  We have not played Lausanne in 3 years.  Using this logic we could question why we are behind McKenzie when we beat them last year.  Just like any poll it is good for debate.

Good point.