ADAMSVILLE AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Where's the humor in that? Most teams have a featured back...some have two who split carries relatively evenly, but it's rare to have more than that with significant carries and yardage. Nobody said that they were great, but don't kid yourself that keeping fresh legs against Adamsville is a bonus. Down year or not, the 'Cards will get off that bus thinking that they're going to get back on it with a win in Chapel Hill, and will not believe otherwise until the game's over.

Until the game is completely decided we will battle with the mindset that we are going to win.   Lets get after it boys time to strap it up and get to work

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Where's the humor in that? Most teams have a featured back...some have two who split carries relatively evenly, but it's rare to have more than that with significant carries and yardage. Nobody said that they were great, but don't kid yourself that keeping fresh legs against Adamsville is a bonus. Down year or not, the 'Cards will get off that bus thinking that they're going to get back on it with a win in Chapel Hill, and will not believe otherwise until the game's over.

Well said Brother! I think Forrest had a slightly tougher schedule, our offences compare, but the difference is in the defenses. Forrest defense has aloud fewer points per game than what we have. I know the odds are stacked against us but, every one knows that when you start the playoffs, everyone's record is 0-0. It's time to strap it up and leave it all on the field! Praying for safe travels and an injury free game. Go Cardinals!!!

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

We have 4 backs getting 8-12 carries a game and averaging between 5-7 yards a carry. They all have different running styles but there's no drop off between the 4. Most teams can't afford to take their starting RB out for a series or just a few plays. Ours can sit for a quarter or a half and we're OK. A 5th is more of a blocking back with fewer carries but a higher average. QB is faster than all of them but fortunately for the other teams we haven't figured out how to use him through 10 games. 

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

i was just laughing at the nickname. 

This Forrest D is overrated. There I said it. They couldn't stop ER and they gave up 42 to Marion.

5 of their 7 wins were against the worst teams in 1A or 2A, plus Moore who was basically a JV squad, and a hobbling Eagleville team.  

ER was a huge test in my book and they failed miserably. A slightly below average 2A team from a better region. They finished 4th and slapped us around on our home field. 

51 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

This Forrest D is overrated. There I said it. They couldn't stop ER and they gave up 42 to Marion.

5 of their 7 wins were against the worst teams in 1A or 2A, plus Moore who was basically a JV squad, and a hobbling Eagleville team.  

ER was a huge test in my book and they failed miserably. A slightly below average 2A team from a better region. They finished 4th and slapped us around on our home field. 

Defense is solid for 2A. East Robertson had a SEC commit just coming back from injury. He did not play much or any against a lot of the other teams on their schedule.  Their back up QB was an upgrade and we had our starting middle linebacker out with an injury. Marion County had a 100 pound advantage on most of our lineman and their backs were faster. It was an accomplishment to stop their run game and force them to pass. When they completed passes the game was over. We don't have the horses to stop both. 

I don't think they could play much better this year with any other DC. The schemes are solid and the preparation appears to be there. They are maximizing the talent. The DC made an adjustment this week and played a faster linebacker so at least they are trying different things. None of those compliments apply to the offense. East Robertson game was lost on offense in the 1st and 4th quarters. I absolutely think the offense would perform much better with a different scheme, players in different positions, and a new OC. 

22 minutes ago, Salem said:

Defense is solid for 2A. East Robertson had a SEC commit just coming back from injury. He did not play much or any against a lot of the other teams on their schedule.  Their back up QB was an upgrade and we had our starting middle linebacker out with an injury. Marion County had a 100 pound advantage on most of our lineman and their backs were faster. It was an accomplishment to stop their run game and force them to pass. When they completed passes the game was over. We don't have the horses to stop both. 

I don't think they could play much better this year with any other DC. The schemes are solid and the preparation appears to be there. They are maximizing the talent. The DC made an adjustment this week and played a faster linebacker so at least they are trying different things. None of those compliments apply to the offense. East Robertson game was lost on offense in the 1st and 4th quarters. I absolutely think the offense would perform much better with a different scheme, players in different positions, and a new OC. 

I think we both have good arguments. I agree having Davis out hurt us on D.  But it also shows how paper thin we are. Taylor Groves was ok but they had other players beat us on plays.

As for Marion, I am not sure we stopped anything. Yes they hit a pass or two but they out ran us also. We did an ok job of taking the up the gut stuff away but we were no match for their speed on the edge and that was with Davis, On Marion's first TD pass I thought our kid actually had pretty good coverage. The ball was a dime. The other successful pass plays we looked lost like we did much of 2020 secondary wise.  

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

All Adamsville fans say "strap it up" 50x a post

Yes. "Strap it up!" is code word for, Let us arm chair quarterbacks run our pie holes about the game but we know that the football players who "strap it up" are the ones deciding the games outcome! So strap, strap, strap it up! It's time for some football! I'm sorry GF, I did my best to get 50 of them in this post!:roflol:

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

All Adamsville fans say "strap it up" 50x a post

That's how the fans and the team think General...they usually know their odds according to who they are facing, but will come out and "hit you in the mouth" regardless of their chances. They've won their fair share of games that the other team were favored in.