Chattanooga Central @ Macon County Round 1

MCFAN3

Central runs a spread offense. They throw and run. They have a few good WRs with speed. 1 of them is real tall. 1 is short but he can fly. Big OL and a good RB. The QB is a 9th grader but he has played  all year. 

I’ve seen them play 2 times this year. They score on defense a lot. Fumbles and interceptions. They are big and fast on defense and will blitz a lot. They create a lot of big plays on defense that way. 

this is the best season they’ve had in a long time and their players don’t have any playoff experience so they may be nervous to start the game. They finished tied for 1st in the region. They beat Red Bank and lost to East Hamilton. It’s a tough round 1 matchup for Macon. If you guys can handle the blitz and run the ball then you can win. You have to handle their speed on offense but the defense is how they win. I think Central wins but I agree this is a toss up. Macon could come out and run the ball and win easily. You never know how kids will react to the playoffs when they haven’t been there.

Good luck. Playoffs are always fun. 

3 hours ago, crow6424 said:

The main thing I worry about for Macon is the speed mismatch. 

Exactly what I worry about to. It’s going to be all about ball control and making big plays on defense. I think MC has a little advantage in experience by being in the playoffs more often in recent years than Central but sometimes that is dangerous and fuels a team to play harder. The path to the quarters for us is going to be tough but I definitely think it’s possible with this team. 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:59 AM, Haydiboy said:

Macon  County 31 Chattanooga Central 28

The players in Chattanooga appreciate the fact that you did pick them to lose. Just as spoken in an earlier thread the defense held it together during the season but the offense has come of age. The defense has been coached up that allows for more depth then what began earlier in the season.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:44 PM, 423Ball said:

Central runs a spread offense. They throw and run. They have a few good WRs with speed. 1 of them is real tall. 1 is short but he can fly. Big OL and a good RB. The QB is a 9th grader but he has played  all year. 

I’ve seen them play 2 times this year. They score on defense a lot. Fumbles and interceptions. They are big and fast on defense and will blitz a lot. They create a lot of big plays on defense that way. 

this is the best season they’ve had in a long time and their players don’t have any playoff experience so they may be nervous to start the game. They finished tied for 1st in the region. They beat Red Bank and lost to East Hamilton. It’s a tough round 1 matchup for Macon. If you guys can handle the blitz and run the ball then you can win. You have to handle their speed on offense but the defense is how they win. I think Central wins but I agree this is a toss up. Macon could come out and run the ball and win easily. You never know how kids will react to the playoffs when they haven’t been there.

Good luck. Playoffs are always fun. 

Running the ball against this defense hasn’t been easy for anyone all season so again this should be a good match up if running the ball is MC’s due or die.

Just now, Duman said:

Running the ball against this defense hasn’t been easy for anyone all season so again this should be a good match up if running the ball is MC’s due or die.

The freshman has been extraordinary all season seeing is believing what a freshman can do. 

59 minutes ago, Duman said:

The freshman has been extraordinary all season seeing is believing what a freshman can do. 

I completely agree with your statement. MC has started multiple freshmen this year as well. MC is pretty young this year as well. MC is on the rise for years to come. It should be a fun contest tomorrow night.